Want FREE Delivery this Thursday? ( January 26, 2017 ) Order within 6 hours, 47 mins for Guaranteed Delivery
The influence of the TR-909 drum machine is still heard—and felt—more than three decades after it was launched. Now, the 909 sound is available as part of the Roland Boutique serie...read more
The influence of the TR-909 drum machine is still heard—and felt—more than three decades after it was launched. Now, the 909 sound is available as part of the Roland Boutique series in the form of the TR-09.
Featuring the same front-panel layout and user interface of the original, the TR-09 is powered by Roland’s ACB technology, delivering the speaker-pummelling power of the TR-909 in a super-affordable and portable format. Offering precise control over an array of drum parameters and the ability to keep playing when switching modes, the TR-09 may be compact, but it still has the power to move people. Studio sessions are well catered for too, with four separate outputs via USB audio, external instrument control via a trigger output, and USB MIDI.
Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic TR-909 drum machine
Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TR-909
Hands-on control over many parameters, including tune, level, decay, etc.
Programmable via classic Step and Tap write modes
Continue playing beats even while switching between write and play modes
Four separate outputs via USB audio
Trigger output for controlling external instruments equipped with trigger input
High-quality construction with metal front panel
Highly portable for mobile music making
Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
24-bit/96 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
909 Power via Roland’s ACB Technology The original TR-909 blended analog kick, snare, and tom drums with six-bit samples for the hi-hats and cymbals. This hybrid approach to sound generation meant that the 909 sounded like no other drum machine. Accurately recreating such an influential sound while retaining the ability to edit and tweak the various parameters is only possible via Roland’s ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, which is also found in the popular AIRA series.
Classic TR-REC Sequencer with Enhanced Functions Dedicated TR-909 users will recognise the classic TR-REC style of programming found in the TR-09, with a choice of Step or Tap write modes. You can even change modes while the pattern continues playing, something not possible on the original. The TR-09 sequencer has 16 steps, and each has 16 sub-steps so you can fine-tune your performances. And just like the original TR-909, the Shuffle/Flam parameter can be selected using the buttons—but if you need greater control, simply use the display and rotary encoder to perfect your pattern.
Connect with External Gear The TR-09 is designed to easily connect with other gear. The main stereo mini-jack output can also be reconfigured to send the selected instrument to the right channel, with the other instruments output to the left. A mix input routes external audio through the main outputs, while the trigger output lets the TR-09 drive vintage analog synths such as the SH-101 or JX-3P, or modern gear like the current SYSTEM-500 modular series. Sync and control other gear via standard MIDI ports or USB, and even send the audio of four individual drum parts via USB to continue working in your favorite DAW.
Battery or USB Bus Power Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the TR-09 with USB bus power.
USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording to Your DAW Via its USB port, the TR-09 also functions as a high-quality 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can even send individual drums to separate channels, thanks to the TR-09’s four discrete outputs over USB. Saving your favorite settings and sequencer patterns is easy too via the USB data backup function.
- User Memory
Patterns: 96 (2 banks x 3 groups x 16 patterns) Tracks: 8 (2 banks x 4 tracks) Kit: 1
- Steps 16 steps with 16 sub steps
- Instruments BASS DRUM SNARE DRUM LOW TOM MID TOM HI TOM RIM SHOT HAND CLAP CLOSED/OPEN HI HAT CRASH CYMBAL RIDE CYMBAL
- Controllers VOLUME knob START button STOP/CONT button LAST STEP button SCALE button SHUFFLE/FLAM button CLEAR button INSTRUMENT SELECT button SHIFT button TOTAL ACCENT knob TEMPO dial TRACK 1--4 buttons PATTERN 1--3 buttons COMP button TEMPO button BACK button FWD button AVAILABLE MEAS button CYCLE/GUIDE button MENU button ENTER button Main keys 1--16 (16 step buttons) BASS DRUM: TUNE, LEVEL, ATTACK, DECAY knobs SNARE DRUM: TUNE, LEVEL, TONE, SNAPPY knobs LOW/MID/HI TOM: TUNE, LEVEL, DECAY knobs RIM/CLAP: LEVEL knob HI HAT: LEVEL, CH DECAY, OH DECAY knob CRASH CYMBAL: LEVEL, CRASH TUNE knob RIDE CYMBAL: LEVEL, RIDE TUNE knob
- Indicators 7 segments, 4 characters (LED) Scale LED
- Connectors TRIGGER OUT jack: Mono miniature phone type PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type OUTPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4 Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 USB bus power
- Current Draw 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 6 hours * This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Dimensions 308 (W) x 130 (D) x 51 (H) mm 12-1/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-1/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries, excluding Boutique Dock) 980 g 2 lbs 3 oz
- Accessories Boutique Dock: DK-01 (Ivory) Owner's Manual DK-01 Owner's Manual Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY" Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Click & Collect
Rest assured, if you're not 100% happy with your order, simply contact our award winning team & we will look after you.
Use our Facebook comment tool below to ask us a question directly about this product. Alternative...give us a call directly on 0800 456 1959.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1) What does "Real Time Stock Levels" really mean?
Unlike many other stores, all our stock levels are shown in real time. That means the second an item is sold, it will reflect online.
- This allows you to shop safely knowing that in stock means in stock.
2) When will my order be dispatched?
All orders are dispatched the same day if ordered before 3pm (Mon-Fri) on a next day service. We also dispatch from some locations on a Saturday and Sunday if your order is placed before 1pm. Saturday and Sunday delivery is also available on most items.
3) When will my order be delivered?
All our orders are dispatched on a next business day delivery service. Your shopping cart shows the delivery date. If you want to delay a shipment or arrange a specific date, just mention that in the "Customer Comments" section during your checkout and we will arrange that for you.
Orders shipped from Ghent to the UK mainland will be shipped on a 48hr delivery service with no premium services available. Highlands and Offshore deliveries will typically take an additional 1 ? 2 days for delivery.
4) What is the 1-Hour Delivery Window?
Our courier (DPD) will provide you with a one hour delivery window so you don't have to wait in all day for your parcels. They will notifiy you by text and email on the morning of your delivery.
Need Help? Call or Email Us
0800 456 1959
Alternatively...email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS ITEM COMES WITH FREE UK NEXT DAY DELIVERY
FREE UK Next Day Delivery
It's simple, make a purchase over £50 and we'll give you Free Next Day Shipping to mainland UK. Plus, if you order by 3pm (1pm on Saturdays and Sundays), your items will go out that very same day. This means your order should be with you the very next day.
Real Time Stock Levels
At GUITARGUITAR we operate a real-time stock management system so that the minute items are purchased online or in store the stock levels are adjusted immediately. Our aim is to give our customers the most accurate information so that you can buy in confidence, knowing that your order will arrive when we say it should.
Need a different delivery date?
If you need your order delivered on a specific date, just mention this in your order's customer comments section and we will arrange this for you. If you have any questions, you can contact us on email@example.com or 0800 456 1959 (or 0191 222 0466).
UK Saturday or Sunday Delivery
Want to have your goods delivered at the weekend? No problems, just select Saturday or Sunday delivery during your checkout.
EU & Worldwide Shipping
We ship worldwide, please select your country during your checkout stages. All next day orders can be fully tracked with our courier Fedex or DPD. You will get notified at every step of the way.
1-Hour Delivery Window
Our courier (DPD) will provide you with a one hour delivery window so you don't have to wait in all day for your parcels. They will notifiy you by text (SMS) and email on the morning of your delivery.
If you have any problems, let us help, call us! 0800 456 1959
Alternatively...email us on firstname.lastname@example.org