Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Series Strat Relic
Includes Hard Case
Manufacturer's ID: 0150069806
What we say:
Floyd fanatics have been waiting for a very long time to have this opportunity but they can now invest in their very own 'Black Strat'; the fabled, much-modded and swapped around Stratocaster used by David Gilmour to lay down timelessly iconic performances like 'Time', 'Comfortably Numb' and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'.
Much has been said about this guitar (indeed there is a coffee table book written by Gilmour's guitar tech devoted to this one instrument) and it's various guises but the black pickguard on black body with maple neck and white parts is overwhelmingly seen as the definitive combination.
This particular Strat is the Relic model so you get all of the historic bumps and scratches of the original. You'll notice the slightly off-colour 'filled in' parts of the body when Dave wanted to install a Khaler trem and XLR input and proceeded to rout out big holes on the top of the body only to change his mind and get them filled back in again! The Relic is finished in a gorgeous black, dinged up and then coated in a lacquer of Nitrocellulose finish.
The correct Seymour Duncan SSL-5 single coil pickup is present in the bridge position, as is the small tremolo arm and mini-switch for bringing in the neck pickup to any selection on the 5-way blade selector.
Also, as icing on the cake, the hardshell case contains some pretty excellent candy in the form of: an Evidence Audio high-end cable, a custom strap, a set of Gilmour's signature GHS boomer strings and a copy of his 3 disc CD/DVD Live in Gdansk release. This guitar is some real dream-realising for many fans out there.
SpecificationA cornerstone of Pink Floyd’s revolutionary and incomparable sound, David Gilmour’s Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically-acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island.
The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with David Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create his signature model, a reproduction of the Black Strat—complete with its unmistakable look, sound and feel. Featuring a Black lacquer over Three-color Sunburst alder body with a black pickguard, one-piece maple neck, custom pickups, and David Gilmour’s now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm, the David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster is as beautiful, powerful and idiosyncratic as David Gilmour’s playing. Additionally, David Gilmour’s signature guitar comes with a custom case, Evidence Audio™ high-end guitar cable, and David Gilmour’s three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD package.
- Colors- (806) Black over 3-Color Sunburst, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Body- Comfort Contoured Select Alder
- Neck- 1-Piece Maple, 1983 Thin-Shouldered “C” Shape, (.790” to .870” Taper), (”Thin-Skin” Dark Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard- Maple, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
- No. of Frets- 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups- 1 Custom Hand-Wound Fat ‘50s Single-Coil Strat® Pickup, (Neck), 1 Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat® Pickup (Middle) 1 Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat® Pickup (Bridge)
- Bridge- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Machine Heads- Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware- Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard- 1-Ply .120” Beveled Black Acrylic, (11 Hole)
- Scale Length- 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut- 1.675” (42.5 mm)
- Unique Features- Thin-Shouldered “C” Neck Shape Duplicated from David’s 1983 U.S. Vintage ‘57 Strat® Neck, Custom Shortened Tremolo Arm, Custom Beveled Tremolo Block, No Back Tremolo Cover Plate, Black Dot Position Inlays (Narrow Spacing), Aged White Pickup Covers, Aged Parchment Control Knobs Covers, A Cosmetically Aged Faithful Re-creation of David’s Infamous “Black Strat®”.
- Accessories- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case, Evidence Audio™ High-End Guitar Cable, Custom Leather Strap, GHS® DG Boomers Strings, DG Pick, David Gilmour’s Three Disc “Live In Gdansk” CD and DVD Package, Polishing Cloth and the Certificate of Authenticity
- Case- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case with Green Crushed Velvet Lining and with “David Gilmour” and Custom Shop Logo Embroidered on the Lid Interior
Available to OrderThis product is currently on order from our supplier, please contact us for an estimated delivery time.
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More