Shure BETA 181/C with Cardioid Capsule
Manufacturer's ID: BETA 181/C
SpecificationThe Beta 181 is an ultra compact, small diaphragm side-address condenser microphone with interchangeable capsules for different polar patterns. This enables discreet placement and versatility in tight conditions for various applications.
- Interchangeable polar pattern capsules attach to a compact preamplifier with integrated XLR connections
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range applications for use in high SPL environments
This Beta 181 is a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). A total of four different capsules (Cardioid, Supercardioid, Bi-directional, Omni-directional) are available, allowing you to interchange them according to application.
Interchangable Capsule Options
The RPM181/C is a cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/S is a super cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/BI is a bi-directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/O is a omni directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181.
Applications for the different capsules
The cardioid capsule is best suited to overheads, piano and acoustic instruments. You can also use the cardioid capsule for M/S stereo micing (in conjunction with another microphone with a bi-directional capsule). The supercardioid capsule is best suited to snare, toms, acoustic instruments and other forms of close distance micing. The omni-directional capsule could be used for choirs, orchestras and ambient recording applications. Lastly, the Bi-directional capsule can be used for mono overheads, or for the recording of two instruments simultaneously on one channel.
In the Box
The Beta 181 can be purchased with any one of the four mic capsules available. You'll then need to buy any additional capsules you want separately.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): Cardioid -46,5 dBV/Pa; Supercardioid -49,5 dBV/Pa; Omnidirectional: -52,0 dBV/Pa; Bidirectional: -51,0 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Cardioid: 20 dB(A)
- Supercardioid: 22 dB(A)
- Omnidirectional: 23 dB(A)
- Bidirectional: 23 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure:
- Cardioid: 151,5 dB
- Supercardioid: 154,5 dB
- Omnidirectional: 157 dB
- Bidirectional: 156 dB
- Weight: 145 g
Out of StockPlease contact us for an estimated delivery time.