Zoom R8 - 8 Track Recorder and ...
£218.00 In Stock
FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Click and Collect available
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: R8/240UK
SpecificationZoom takes the turbocharged design of the R24 and scales it down for an ultra-portable music production solution. Like its predecessor, the R8 combines four production tools in one versatile device. In addition to being an 8-track recorder that utilizes SD memory, the R8 is an audio interface, a DAW control surface and a sampler complete with drum pads and a rhythm machine.
RECORDER Simultaneous recording of 2 tracks and playback of 8 tracks The R8 is the perfect tool for capturing audio on-the-go. Record live music performances, rehearsals, songwriting sessions or even audio for film and video. Playback up to eight tracks of audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution as WAV files. If you make a mistake, use the UNDO/REDO function to cancel the last recording operation and restore the previous state. You can even mix down completed songs inside the R8 and save a mix for each project.
INTERFACE Audio interface supports 2 inputs and 2 outputs When combined with your computer, the R8 becomes a powerful audio interface. Connect the R8 to your computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE software and start laying down your tracks. Simultaneous 2-in/2-out capability allows you to record up to 24-bit/96kHz high definition audio. If you use the 44.1kHz sampling rate, the internal DSP effects of the R8 are also available for your computer tracks. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
CONTROLLER Control surface functions for most DAW software The R8 can be used as a control surface for DAW transport functions (play, record, stop) and mixing operations. Through a USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R8. In addition, you can easily move multiple faders at the same time. No more mixing with a mouse! The R8 makes mixing a pleasure.
SAMPLER 8-voice sampler with 8 pads The built-in sampler functions allow you to loop audio data on any track. You can play the pads in real-time and combine loops to create a performance for an entire song. When setting loop intervals, you can see the waveforms for visual confirmation. Time-stretching, which allows you to change the tempo without changing the pitch, and trimming the unneeded parts of loops, is also possible. You can use the sampler and recorder functions together seamlessly to play back loop tracks while recording instrumental performances on other tracks.
- Track count: 8 (mono)
- Maximum number of simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Maximum number of simultaneous playback tracks: 8 audio + metronome
- Recording data format: 44.1 / 48 kHz, 16 / 24-bit WAV format
- Maximum recording time: 200 minutes/1 GB (44.1 kHz 16-bit, mono tracks)
- Projects: 1000
- File editing: Divide, trim
- Track parameters: 3-band equalizer, pan (balance), effect send ×2, invert
- Stereo link: Tracks 1 / 2 ~ 7 / 8 selectable in pairs
- Other functions: Punch-in/out (manual, auto), Bounce, A-B repeat, Undo/Redo
- Tuner: Chromatic, guitar, bass, open A/D/E/G, D modal
- Algorithms: 8 (CLEAN, DISTORTION, ACO/BASS SIM, BASS, MIC, DUAL MIC, STEREO, MASTERING)
- Patches: 310 insert, 60 send-return
- Effect modules: 7 insert , 2 send
- Playback formats: 44.1 / 48 kHz, 16 / 24-bit WAV files
- Editing functions: Trim, time-stretch
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
- Input 1-8
- Type: 8 XLR/TRS combo jacks
- Input impedance: (Balanced input) 1KΩ balanced (2 hot), (Unbalanced input) 50 KΩ unbalanced (1 with Hi-Z input impedance 470 kΩ (Hi-Z on), 2 with phantom power)
- Phantom Power: 48V, 24V
- Input level: -50 dBm < continuous < +4 dBm
- Built-in stereo microphones
- Type: Omnidirectional condenser microphones
- Gain: -50 dBm < continuous < +4 dBm
- Master Output : TRS phone (balanced)
- Phones: Standard stereo phone jack 20 mW x 2 (32 Ω load)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Zoom R8
- Operation manual
- AC adapter (Zoom AD-17)
- USB cable
- Steinberg Cubase LE software
In Stock1 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow