Order now for FREE Delivery on Thursday
Manufacturer's ID: NOVSL49MK3
SL MkIII is the centrepiece that can be used to control your whole studio, working perfectly alongside your DAW. Make working with your hardware easy and creatively rewarding, and construct your next production in the 8 track polyphonic sequencer, with everything staying in sync.Key features
- Bring MIDI hardware and CV/Gate synths together
- Easily integrate hardware with your DAW
- The perfect controller for Ableton Live music-making software
- Internal 8 track pattern based sequencer
- 1 routable clock for the whole system
Bring MIDI hardware and CV/Gate synths together by plugging them all into SL MkIII, taking total control directly from the internal eight-track polyphonic pattern-based sequencer.Easily integrate hardware with your DAW
Do you use a DAW and crave integrating your favourite hardware? Well, you can have the best of both worlds. Make controlling your software easy by recording productions from a studio centrepiece.The perfect controller for Live™
We worked with Ableton® to create an absolutely stunning keyboard controller for their Live™ music-making software. The full colour LCD screens give you full parameter feedback, enabling you to see everything you are controlling.Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
Real time record or input notes per step. Play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Record your movements as automation into the sequencer, bringing life to your production.One routable clock for the whole system
Whether you're in the box or outside the box, the MIDI and analogue clock and transport controls keep everything running in time.Arpeggiator
Choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak the length, and then use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.Customisable templates
Highly customisable mappings for hardware and software easily control everything. Create your own templates in the software editor, and save them to the keyboard.LED feedback
Work with scales and keys and set up multiple zones and layers on the keyboard. See everything instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LED feedback.Comprehensive connectivity
USB; MIDI In, Out, Out 2/Thru; three pedal inputs; Analogue Clock Out; and two CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs can be used to route anything anywhere.Control all major music software
Your choice of music software is crucial to your creativity. SL MkIII's pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs take control of all major music software using InControl. SL MkIII also works with any HUI-compatible DAW.High-resolution scan
The SL MkIII has an exceptionally high scan rate of 10kHz, giving the keyboard a huge dynamic range for expressive keyboard performance.Keys for the player
The SL MkIII boasts our finest, most playable and expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action and our highest scan rate, all tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything.Selectable Velocity Curves
The Velocity Curves come to you from a Novation engineer who’s been designing and playing keyboard controllers for two decades. Choose from a comprehensive selection of Velocity Curves to suit your playing style.Pads
SL MkIII's velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions: they can be used for launching clips, as steps in the sequencer, they are perfect for the finger drummer, and have polyphonic aftertouch.Backlit Pitch and Modulation wheels
Pitch and Modulation wheels have RGB LEDs that change colour to show what track you're working on. Brightness gives you the value of what you're changing.Components
Components allows you to backup and restore your templates and sessions in the cloud, enabling access from anywhere in the world. All content can also be saved locally.
Helping you find your new sound Music making is all about the journey, and we’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why we’ve created the Sound Collective. Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers we admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers. All you have to do is register your Novation gear, and one offer will be featured in your Novation account every couple of months.
The v1.4 firmware update for Novation's flagship SL MkIII range of controller keyboards brings immense new composition and performance features, which greatly expand its capabilities.
The new features give SL MkIII users expanded arpeggiators, new sequencer functions, deeper swing control, and creative transposition features. All the new features are designed intentionally to bring greater creative flexibility and possibilities to the SL MkIII user, and to be a constant source of inspiration throughout the music-making journey. The new features, in detail, are:
- Each of the eight parts now have individual, independent arpeggiators, for building complex polyrhythmic patterns.
- The new arpeggiator probability feature brings an element of randomness to each arpeggiator, turning SL MkIII into a generative and constantly evolving instrument.
- The probability of a programmed step can be altered, bringing creative irregularity and extending the musical palette of the SL MkIII.
Sequencer transpose (with pads)
- The SL MkIII’s pads can now be used to make sequencer transposition a powerful performance tool.
Pattern octave transpose
- Allows patterns to be transposed across the octave range, to find the perfect pitch and experiment with ideas.
Toggle swing per-part
- With swing on or off per part, it’s possible to build contrasting layers of groove for more complex rhythmic results.
- Now it's possible to quickly offset the start and end points of a pattern together to explore variations and manage sequences.
Pitch bend to CV
- The pitch-bend wheel can now be mapped to the CV output, opening up more expression possibilities for modular synth users and other external hardware control applications.
In addition to the new performance features, v1.4 includes some bug fixes — including one for Logic Pro users — which improve the SL MkIII experience.
To download the v1.4 firmware update, connect SL MKIII via USB and navigate to Novation Components, then follow prompts on screen.Included Software
- Ableton Live Lite
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Sound Collective provides free versions of software and discount coupons regularly
- Novation 49SL MkIII
- Premium braided USB cable
- 12V DC power supply
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Safety information sheet
- 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl