Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: ZOOMR16RECORDER
The R16 functions as an audio interface enabling direct input of sound to a computer. Support for high quality 24-bit/96kHz encoding ensures great sound. Eight input channels and two output channels can be used simultaneously. If you use the sampling rate of 44.1kHz, the internal DSP effects of the R16 are also usable on your computer tracks. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
Transport and mixing operations of the DAW software can be controlled using the R16. This gives you greater control and a better feel for mixing. In Mackie Control emulation mode, major DAW applications such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar are supported.
The R16 is the first recorder that incorporates the ability to generate a synchronization signal based on USB data transfer timing*. By connecting two R16 units via USB, you can designate one to function as a USB host and the other as a USB slave, allowing synchronized transport operation. This lets you record on up to 16 tracks simultaneously to competently handle a live performance.
Built in Stereo Mics
When you want to quickly record anything from songwriting ideas to ambient room audio, the R16's built-in set of stereo mics will come in handy. Vocals and acoustic instruments can be captured with excellent clarity.
The R16 comes preprogrammed with 135 types of digital effects for recording, mixing, and mastering. The insert effect has seven modules with algorithms optimized for guitar, bass and vocals. In addition, two send/return effects are also available, so that you can use up to three effects simultaneously. The R16 also comes with models of 18 different guitar amps such as Fender, Marshall, Vox and Mesa Boogie, and 6 bass amps such as Ampeg, Bassman and Hartke. A compressor and equalizer effect that handles 8 channels simultaneously provides further flexibility.
- Track count: 16 (mono)
- Maximum number of simultaneous recording tracks: 8
- Maximum number of simultaneous playback tracks: 16 audio + metronome
- Recording format: 44.1 kHz, 16/24-bit WAV format
- Maximum recording time: 200 minutes/1 GB (mono tracks)
- Projects: 1000
- Markers: 100/project
- Track parameters: 3-band equalizer, pan (balance), effect send ×2, invert
- Stereo link: Tracks 1 / 2 - 15 / 16 selectable
- Tuner: Chromatic, guitar, bass, open A/D/E/G, D modal
- Other functions: Punch-in/out (manual, auto), Bounce, A-B repeat, Undo/Redo
- Algorithms: 9 (CLEAN, DISTORTION, ACO / BASS SIM, BASS, MIC, DUAL MIC, STEREO, 8 x COMP EQ, MASTERING)
- Patches: 330 insert, 60 send-return
- Effects modules: 7 insert, 2 send
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
- Type: XLR/TRS combo jacks
- Input impedance: (Balanced input) 1KΩ balanced (2 hot), (Unbalanced input) 50 KΩ unbalanced (1 with Hi-Z input impedance 470 KΩ (Hi-Z on), 5 / 6 with phantom power)
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Input level: -50 dBm < continuous < +4 dBm
- Type: Omnidirectional condenser microphones
- Gain: -50 dBm < continuous < +4 dBm
- Master Output: Type: TRS phone (balanced)
- Phones: Standard stereo phone jack 20 mW x 2 (32 Ω load)
Built-in stereo microphones
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Zoom R16
- Operation manual
- AC adapter (Zoom AD-14)
- USB cable
- Steinberg Cubase LE software
In Stock5 Available
Order now for Delivery on Sunday