Buy with confidence: We're the 1st, and only, UK guitar retailer to offer a 3-year warranty & 30-day exchange as standard.
Aston Black Origin Bundle
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Includes 30-Day Exchange & 3-Year Warranty
This production kit pairs a rock’n’roll black version of Aston’s legendary game-changing microphone, the Origin, with the best-in-class Aston Swiftshield pop filter and shock mount set – everything you need for professional grade recordings of vocals, instruments and pretty much anything else you can throw at it.
The multi-award winning Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1″) gold evaporated capsule. It's versatile enough to use with any instrument and, for singer-songwriters, excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is paired with high-end transformerless circuitry using only the finest components.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound… for a supremely natural and transparent recording.
- High-performance cardioid condenser mic
- Direct, smooth and intimate sound
- High-end transformerless circuitry
- Direct to stand mounting
- Unique wave-form spring head
- Built-in pop filter
- Beautiful and tough tumbled chassis
Wave-Form Spring Head
The Aston Origin has our signature wave-form spring head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
- A superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to the capsule voltage bias
- Novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/clear audio output
We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. Protective, re-useable, environmentally sensible packaging that doesn’t cost the earth.
The Aston Sound
Right from the start of ‘project Aston’, we engaged with some of the top audio professionals in the industry to create a development panel to be our ears, while we focussed on perfecting every tiny detail in our mics, to finally produce what we believe to be the very best products in their class.
SwiftShield combines the Aston Swift shock mount and the Aston Shield pop filter into one bundle to give you the perfect setup for your studio vocal mic. The Aston Swift shock mount takes microphone mounting to the next level of ease. With 2 quick release spring clips designed to fit the Origin, and a wide range of other mics, from 40-60mm diameter, mounting your microphone takes seconds.
We have reconceived the shock system, and as with all our products worked from the ground up on an entirely new design idea. The ‘ShockStar’ suspension eliminates the need for fiddly rubber bands, but offers a high level of elasticity for maximum isolation.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- Product length: 125 mm / 4.92 in
- Product width: 54 mm / 2.13 in
- Product weight: 450 g / 0.99 lb