Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: DUET-IOS
The new Duet for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use along with low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. And with the addition of MIDI I/O you can connect and power a Core MID compatible keyboard/controller while using Duet with your iPad or iOS device.
A difference you will hear.
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Duet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Duet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Duet’s AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Duet’s efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
Much like the AD/DA converters, Duet’s mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Duet’s mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee’s AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee’s most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Duet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
Music creation on iPad
iPad puts you in touch with your creativity
Interacting with iPad to make music is like playing an instrument. In fact, some apps like Apple’s GarageBand turn your iPad into a guitar or virtual instrument. Whether you are moving faders on a mixer, adjusting software parameters, or editing a waveform, iPad’s multi-touch interface is a more hands on environment and superior to mouse clicks or track pad swipes.
There’s a music app for everything There are hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad. With multi-track recording DAWs like GarageBand and Auria, synths and drum machines like Animoog and DM1, utilities and guitar effects like Audiobus and JamUp Pro, the music creation offering for iPad is vast and varied. And most apps are more affordable than their Mac based counterparts.
Setting up your studio has never been easier iPad makes everything easier with a simplified user interface and plug and play connectivity for accessories like Apogee audio interfaces. You’ll be amazed by how simple it is to set up your studio.
Share your music Sharing functionality is built-in to most apps, making it easier then ever to move files and collaborate on different devices including iPad to Mac.
Connections and Specifications
Duet’s breakout cable includes 2 combination mic/instrument connectors (XLR and 1/4” built into a single connector) and 2 balanced 1/4” connectors for speakers. The elegant single cable-to-junction design allows for easy cable management and the locking connection to Duet is robust and stylish.
2 Analog Inputs
Duet’s 2 combination input connectors (XLR and 1/4”) allow you to connect microphones, guitars and keyboards or your favorite external mic preamps, compressors and EQs.
4 Analog Outputs
Duet includes 4 analog outputs. 2 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output.
With these 4 outputs it’s possible for a DJ to monitor a separate mix in headphones while sending a house mix to the club, a live performer to send a click track to in-ear monitors while sending a backing track to front-of-house, and a recording engineer to send a headphone mix to the performer while dedicating the main outputs to studio monitors.
Duet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. This eliminates the need for an external MIDI interface and promotes an all-in-one music creation solution where Duet and Maestro manage all audio and MIDI. On iPad, Duet’s MIDI connection allows both Duet and a keyboard or DJ controller to be connected at the same time to the iPad’s single 30-pin dock port.
Breakout Box Accessory
Available as a separate accessory for Duet is a solidly built, aluminum breakout box with 2 1/4” inputs, 2 XLR inputs (for 2 simultaneous channels of input) and 2 balanced XLR outputs. The Duet breakout box features studio-quality I/O connectors and includes a 2 meter cable allowing you to extend your input and output connections away from your desktop and minimize cable clutter.
Please note the breakout box does not enable extra inputs or outputs. Whether you are using the breakout cable or breakout box Duet is capable of 2 channels of analog input (mic, line, or instrument) and 4 channels of analog output (left/right headphones and left/right monitor outputs).
- System Requirements:
- Mac OS:
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional
- (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1.1 or greater
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC power required (DC power supply included)
- iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation), iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)
- * Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
- iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- Compatible Software:
- Mac: Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- iOS: Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
- USB 2.0 Mac and iOS audio interface
- 2 analog inputs:
- Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- 4 analog outputs:
- 2 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- MIDI connection (Core MIDI compatible; USB-A type connector)
- A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Controller knob selects function, sets input and output level
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Two assignable top panel touch pads to control:
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
- Clear Meters
- Apogee’s Maestro (Mac & iOS) app for advanced control
- Mic Pre:
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- A/D conversion:
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- D/A conversion:
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
- In the box:
- Breakout Cable with:
- 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument Inputs
- 2 Balanced Line Outputs
- USB Cable
- 30-pin iOS cable
- Universal Power Adapter for US, UK and EU
- Quick Start Guide
In Stock2 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More