Akai MPD218 Pad Controller
Manufacturer's ID: MPD218
What we say:
Get some genuine MPC feel into your workflow with this MPD218 pad controller. 16 pads are at your disposal within this sturdy unit, as are 8 knobs and some extra function buttons to allow you things like Note Repeat, an essential MPC/Hip-hop feature.
Feel is important with these units and Akai have gone to painstaking lengths to make sure that famous feel is the same as those illustrious models of the past. Bring some swing and swagger to your productions with the Akai MPD218.
OK, it was a tall order. We admit it. People loved the original MPDs so much that we didn’t want to mess with success.
But we did.
The MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback. We asked what you wanted and we listened closely. We took what you told us and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.
The MPD218 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
First, we stepped up our game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience. The MPD218 also has an expanded control set of six knobs in three banks versus one control on the previous MPD18 model. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers. The USB connection powers the MPD218 so the included USB cable is all you need.
Along with the improved functionality we’ve added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor.
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we’ve ever developed. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.Features
- 16 Thick Fat backlit MPC pads
- 48 assignable pads accessible via 3 banks
- 18 assignable 360-dgree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks
- MPC Note Repeat and Full Level
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- 16 configurable presets
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended); Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended
- Available USB port
In Stock6 Available
Order now for Delivery on Tuesday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More