Mesa Boogie JP-2C John Petrucc ...
£3,695.00 In Stock
FREE Delivery on Tuesday
Click and Collect available
Manufacturer's ID: 2.M2CX.BB
What we say:
Mesa/Boogie is the lifelong work of Randall Smith, a drummer, saxophonist and amp repairman who, in the late 60s San Francisco in the midst of the hippy scene, worked away in his mountain shack perfecting what became the world’s first cascading gain guitar combo. After showing it to Carlos Santana and receiving the comment ‘Man, this thing really Boogies!’, Smith released the first Mesa/Boogie amp, the Mark I. Always the innovator, he also invented the world’s first channel switching amp (the Mark II in 1980) and redefined high gain distortion for everyone in 1991 with the game-changing Dual Rectifier.
Since then Smith and his team at Petaluma, California have continued to innovate and produce completely hand-made amps-as-instruments that lead the way in terms of tone, build quality, vision and possibility.
Dream Theater’s chief visionary - and unspeakably talented guitarist - John Petrucci has been a highly visible Mesa/Boogie user for decades. This dedication has been rewarded in the form of the JP-2C signature amp head. This is quite a special amp, not just for Petrucci fans but for all Boogie fans since it’s effectively a reissue of the fabled Mark IIC+ amp (one of the most coveted early 80s amps Boogie have ever produced) with a few extra functional additions requested by John.
Each channel uses the circuit voice of the IIC+ and develops from there: the clean channel has been tweaked to allow for more headroom; the crunch channel now has the same amount of gain available as the lead channel but the channel itself is more tight and focused and the Lead channel is the ultimate, most expressive and distorted Boogie channel ever! Channel 2 is pretty much the original Mark IIC+ lead channel, allowing the JP-2C to go further with its own lead channel. Each of the high gain channels also has its own graphic EQ channel too so you can absolutely sculpt the exact tones you want.
There are even more features on this amp like the gain pull and the pull presence as well as a great ‘shred’ function that to us sounds like what happens when you place a ‘screamer’-type pedal in front of a sizzling high gain amp: it’s a very clever addition and works excellently! Other features include a tube FX loop, MIDI functionality and a great DI out with a cabinet simulator (having heard Mr Petrucci live playing through the DI of his JP-2C, we can confirm that it sounds absolutely earth-shattering) all of which combine to make this amp a fully spec’d, highly impressive amp that sounds spectacular.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials
- All-Tube Amplifier: 4x6L6 Power Tubes / 5x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Class A/B Power Amp delivers exceptional power, punch & clarity
- 100/60 Watt Selectable Global Power Switch
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Modes:
- Channel 1 Features: Mark IIC+ Clean - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost (patent applied for; doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control from 1 to 5 AND a Variable Gain Boost Control from 5 to 10, providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 3 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Two 5-Band Graphic EQs, each are Footswitchable or Channel Assignable
- Footswitchable All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel)
- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop (MIDI Switchable)
- Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator Output featuring: Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output Speaker On/Off & Ground Lift Switches Selectable +4 or -10 Output Level Switch
- Slave Output
- MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) – Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, EQ 1, EQ 2, Shred, Reverb & FX Loop
- All Aluminum Chassis
- New 3x3, 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 – Top Row: Reverb, EQ 1 & EQ 2)
- Slip Cover
In Stock2 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery on Tuesday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More