Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite USB QUAD Core
Order now for Delivery on Saturday
Manufacturer's ID: USBSATQ-C
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Windows-based PCs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
- Available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite USB is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate Software Packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 83 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v8.4.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- USB Systems
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 8.6
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- Available built-in* USB 3 SuperSpeed port
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards)
- are not tested for Apollo Twin USB or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections
- For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
- Fan-less USB 3.0 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support (DAW dependent)