Studio Electronics Boomstar SE80 Desktop Analogue Synth (V2 - CS80) (Ex-Demo) #1050
Order before 3PM for Delivery Tomorrow
Manufacturer's ID: BOOMSTAR SE80 V2
Condition ReportThe module works perfectly, however there are minimal signs of use across the casing. Original Box and cables included.
Boomstar is a return to the raw power and purity of non-programmable discrete analog. The snap and punch of hardware envelopes drive the Boomstar's brilliant discrete voltage controlled circuits with unparalleled sonic integrity and versatility; refaced, and revoiced for 2018, the Boomstar MKII is likely the ultimate desktop analog synthesizer for those who remember, and desire still, analog synth sounds that changed the music, and sound seekers who have yet to discover that electric magic and delight in their time—via MIDI or CV of course
The Boomstar's alchemy of combinable waveform oscillations—with sub, OSC1-OSC2 sync—filter and oscillator xmod, ring mod, 5 revered filter types, extensive modulation routing made easy via its 18+ toggle switches, and a flexible software LFO, make sound and music design a daring delight. Hardware envelopes with invert, loop, drone and master mode deliver that flexible, funky snap and shiftBoomstar Highlights
- Refaced for clarity of function, signal flow and an overall visual/tactile assist.
- Revoiced for purity of tone—more headroom into amplifier; browning-out is delayed.
- Diode-based feedback circuit for greater dynamic range and harmonic distortion content.
- Exotic and rugged hand-picked and handcrafted lumber/microlumber sides
- Lined, fluted knobs and lined quick-turn pot shafts top and bottom for more precise programming and patch recall.
- Metal-shafted pots installed throughout, apart from the envelopes, where the custom taper plastic-shafted pots are strengthened with an added bushing.
- Height: 2.05" (52.07 mm) at front, 3.625" (92.075 mm) at back
- Width: 8.7 " (220.98 mm)
- Depth: 7.05" (179.07 mm)