Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 Solid State Amp Head
Order before 1PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2021 to 24th December 2021 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange & can be exchanged until Monday 31st January 2022. Learn More
Manufacturer's ID: DG-MT500V2
Darkglass Electronics may only have been in the bass amplifier market a short while, but what started out as a daring, experiment in a highly competitive industry segment in 2016 is now a thriving and celebrated family of powerful and flexible amplifiers that fulfill a multitude of desires for the modern bass player. With the Microtubes 500v2, this new legacy is sure to continue and allow even more bass players to get the latest developments. Plus, with its sleek package with the instantly recognizable Darkglass design on the outside, this amplifier packs a real punch on the inside, despite its seemingly inconspicuous size.
Microtubes 500v2 features both of Darkglass’ celebrated Microtubes drive engines. From the powerful dynamic saturation circuit from the B3K, to the classic overdriven tone from the Vintage Microtubes, clean, classic drive and metal tones are only a step away. An all new and custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D power amplifier module sits at the heart of this innovative 500-Watt amplifier. This superior module enables the usage of speaker cabs with impedance as low as 2Ω, adding a new level of flexibility for your cabinet options.
The new internal cabinet simulation is a much-requested feature, which utilizes an improved version of Darkglass Electronics’ Cab Sim/IR module. With three slots for hi-res impulse responses, which are active for both the headphone output and the balanced XLR DI output, Microtubes 500v2 is a great device for recording. Add in the auxiliary input and the Microtubes 500v2 is also the ideal tool for silent practicing too.
On top of all that, Darkglass have added a studio-grade one-knob VCA compressor with intelligent makeup gain for level consistency, while a new ultra-quiet graphic 6-band equalizer now replaces the 4-band version on the previous 500 model.
All of these features combined, as well as the others listed below, place the Microtubes 500v2 among the most versatile amplifiers on the market. Hardly ever before has such a powerful sonic tool been packed into such compact and light-weight format.
- Custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D power amplifier module
- 500 W RMS Power Output
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible
- Analog preamp with Passive/Active input switch
- Switchable Vintage Microtubes and Microtubes B3K analog drive/distortion circuits
- Separate Microtubes engine Tone and Drive/Clean Blend controls
- Three speaker cab Impulse Response slots, selectable via the Cab Select switch.
- Built-in adjustable studio-grade VCA compressor
- Ultra-quiet 6-band graphic EQ
- XLR DI Output with ground lift
- FX Loop
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input
- Headphone output with cabinet simulation
- USB to connect to free Darkglass Suite (for Mac/PC) Loads Impulse Responses Control for the VCA Compressor (programmable on/off per channel) (and more)
- Compatible with Intelligent and Super Intelligent Footswitches (sold separately)