Fender Eric Johnson Strat MN White Blonde
Includes Hard Case
Available for Pre-OrderPlace your order today and we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Manufacturer's ID: 0117702801
What we say:Eric Johnson is famously meticulous about every aspect of his set-up and pays minute attention to details concerning the specification of his favourite guitar, the Stratocaster.
This Sunburst model is very fifties influenced, though it is in no way a retro reissue. For one thing, his fretboard is 12" in radius which is a good deal flatter than Fenders of the past. This helps the player achieve much wider bends and sweeps. The neck has a V-profile which is again slightly strange for a 'performance' style 12" radius neck. In practice it's actually rather inspired; it's like Eric Johnson has figured out the most important elements of vintage necks and modern necks and amalgamated them in a rather definitive way that isn't meant to necessarily please every single player.
The pickups are meticulously wound to Johnson's specification and have sunken screws so they don't sit clear of the body. It really is all about the small details with this Strat. For example, Eric prefers not to have a back cover over the tremolo springs because he can hear the difference" not only is there no cover, there are no holes to screw one on. It's very clean looking and slightly eccentric!
This specially designed Stratocaster is a real tone machine and a player's dream. If you are looking for an upmarket, quality stratocaster, please make sure you add this to your list against the likes of the Clapton Strat and the American Elite: Strats may look similar but they are all very different once you begin playing! This one is a treat and looks incredible in this White Blonde finish with it's one-ply pickguard.
SpecificationDesigned by Johnson himself with his own personal features and preferences, this signature model has a highly contoured two-piece alder body with a very thin nitrocellulous lacquer finish. The one-piece quarter-sawn maple neck has a V-shaped profile, 12” fingerboard radius and 21 polished frets. The staggered vintage-style machine heads eliminate the need for a string tree, and the custom pickups are wound to Johnson’s specs. Other features include a parchment ’57-style pickguard, four-spring vintage tremolo, silver-painted block and ’57-style string recess with no paint between the base plate and the block.
- Colors- (801) White Blonde, (Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Body- 2-Piece, Deep Contoured, ‘57 Style Lightweight Alder Body
- Neck- 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, Soft “V” Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard- Maple, 12” Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets- 21 Highly Polished Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups- 3 Special Design Eric Johnson Pickups with Countersunk Mounting Screws (Neck/Middle/Bridge)
- Bridge- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine Heads- Fender®/Gotoh® Staggered Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware- Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard- 1-Ply Parchment, (8 Hole)
- Scale Length- 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut- 1.650” (42 mm)
- Unique Features- 1-Piece Quartersawn Soft “V” Shape Vintage Tinted Maple Neck, Extra Smooth Neck to Headstock Volute, Special Neckplate with Engraved EJ and Kokopelli, 2-Piece Deep Contoured ‘57 Style Lightweight Alder Body, 1957 Style Body Cavities, 12” Radius Fingerboard, Countersunk Holes in Pickguard for Pickup Mounting Screws, Height Staggered Vintage Style Tuners which Eliminate the Need for String Trees, Vintage Tremolo with Silver Painted Block and ‘57 Style String Recess (No Paint Between Base Plate and Block), 5 Tremolo Springs and No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- Accessories- Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case with Black Ends (Black Interior), Strap, Cable, “Ash Tray” Bridge Cover