In Stock2 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery on Tuesday
Manufacturer's ID: LEX ROTARY
What we say:
At A Glance:
Within the solid brown shell of the Lex, Strymon have faithfully recreated the spinning unique sound of the legendary Rotary speaker of yore. Utilising the low-frequency bass rotor, the rotating treble horn, the tube-driven amplifier and finely tuned microphone placement, these elements combine to create that iconic sound so many have tried and failed to nail!
Features We Love:
As per Strymon’s catalogue, they have accurately re-created the warbling sound of the iconic spinning speaker sound! The original leslie units, although very cool, are huge and unwieldy and would be brutal to transport to a gig along with your arsenal so having small footprint is the easy way to get that tone without punishing yourself.
Flexible Modern Controls
Laid out on the front of the pedal are 4 simple controls that let you adjust all aspects of the tone as well as a hidden ‘Bi-Amp’ feature that lets you split the amp and rotary sounds to 2 different sources! Also the handy ‘Slow/Fast’ foot switch lets you toggle between slow, buttery waves and fast, swirling vibes!
Trademark Strymon Build Quality
Built to last like all Strymon pedals, The Lex is housed in a bomb proof box and made with only the best components and engineering. Whether it be on the road, in the studio or in your front room when the family is out, The Lex will never let you down!
- Authentic, painstakingly recreated tone.
- Flexible controls cover every aspect of the pedal.
- Built like a tank. Road, Studio and Home worthy!
- Strymon Lex Rotary Speaker Pedal
- Power Supply
SpecificationYou get eight parameters to tweak, allowing extensive control over the tonality and mechanics of the rotating speaker system. You can manipulate each element, from rotor speed, horn level, acceleration time, microphone distance, tube drive and saturation, and volume level. Go from a maelstrom of dramatic, up-close, sweeping and swirling sounds, all the way to mellow, tranquil and calming undulations. All of this without a giant cabinet, microphone setup, and costly motor maintenance.
- Hand crafted rotary algorithms faithfully deliver the signature, three-dimensional rotating speaker experience
- Extensive control over rotating speaker mechanics and configuration
- Four rotary adjustment and tone shaping knobs:
- Fast Rotor Speed, Preamp Drive, Mic Distance, Horn Level.
- Four “hidden” knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
- Slow Rotor Speed, Cab Direction, Acceleration Time, +/- 6dB Boost/Cut.
- Instantly alternate between a fast and slow rotor speed with the Fast/Slow footswitch
- Selectable Cab Filter allows for an optimal experience in front of guitar amplifiers and full range systems
- Stereo output, high impedance mono input
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional Favorite switch to save a favorite preset or use as an external speed switch
- Fast/Slow and Bypass footswitches
- Press and hold Fast/Slow footswitch for Rotary Brake
- Selectable Bi-Amp mode splits bass rotor and treble horn signals to separate outputs
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight mahogany anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA