Allen & Heath QU-16 Compact Digital Mixer
Manufacturer's ID: QU-16
SpecificationBristling with all the features you’d expect from a top of the range digital console and incorporating technologies pioneered on our GLD and iLive digital mixing systems, Qu-16 has the power and pedigree to deliver class-leading audio performance.
Whether you’re switching from analogue or updating your digital desk, it’s time to experience the new digital with Qu-16.
The 800 x 480, sixteen million colour Touchscreen and its dedicated data encoder form the heart of the Qu-16 interface, providing super-fast, easy access to all settings. The user-friendly interface has been designed with clarity in mind. Dedicated keys and screen tabs quickly guide you to meter and RTA views, FX racks, channel processing, USB audio control, scenes, setup menus and much more.
All your key processing tools are presented in a clean layout on the SuperStrip, with 1 function per physical control. The SuperStrip is complemented by an onscreen Touch Channel for intuitive access to full processing parameters without clutter or complex menu structures. Processing for Mono and Stereo inputs includes trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4 band PEQ, compressor and delay. The main LR and the Mono mixes have controls for Insert, 1/3 octave GEQ, compressor and delay. The Stereo mixes provide Insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor, delay and balance control.
Moving faders started as an expensive option in the studio desks of the 80s, and later became the norm with the advent of digital technology. Nevertheless some entry-level digital mixers lack this precious commodity which is a fundamental part of the Total Recall approach. Fader automation is essential for rapid mixing, especially when you’re dealing with multiple monitor mixes – just press a mix key and the faders immediately fly to the send levels for that mix. Qu-16 features 17 motorized ALPS faders, 16 arranged over 2 layers, allowing instant access to all channels and masters in a compact space, plus a dedicated master fader which dynamically follows the mix selection. A third, Custom layer is available for ad-hoc user strip layout, where any combination of Inputs, FX Sends, FX Returns and Mix masters can be assigned.
True digital mixing is about being able to save and recall scenes (snapshots) at the press of a button. Qu-16 can store up to 100 full Scenes for recall at will. Channels and mixes can be made Safe from Scene recall. For example, if an instrument or mic gets swapped out after the soundcheck, the channel can be made safe to avoid settings being overridden by Scene recalls. Or if a broadcast feed or walk-in iPod is added last-minute before the show kicks off, that mix or channel can be made safe from any scene change. In addition, single parameter updates can be blocked using per scene Recall Filters or a Global Recall Filter. So if you tweak the graphic EQ to reflect the room response when the audience gets in, you can block this to prevent any overwriting at scene change. Custom settings for each EQ, compressor, channel or FX can be saved as Library presets. This lets you store your tried and tested EQ setting for your favourite vocal mic or reverb pattern and apply it to other channels or shows. Libraries, Scenes and the complete Show configuration can be saved to a USB key, so you can carry the show with you, ready to use on another Qu-16.
USB Audio Streaming
Qu-16’s built-in interface streams up to 24 selectable tracks to your Mac or PC.
The returns from the Mac or PC can be easily assigned to the Input channels.
The interface is class-compliant on Mac OS X – truly plug ‘n play. It will be recognized straightaway by any DAW supporting Core Audio, including Logic, Cubase, Reaper, and Pro Tools.
An ASIO and WDM compatible driver is available for Windows computers.
Standard MIDI control is tunnelled over the USB connection so you can easily map the faders to the tracks of your favourite DAW. A DAW Control driver is available for easy setup and emulation of HUI or Mackie Control protocols on Mac OS X systems.Qu-Drive
Forget soundcard drivers and software setup, Qu-16 has an integrated multitrack USB recorder, providing 18 channels of 48kHz 24bit recording and playback straight to / from your USB hard drive. Capturing stereo or multitrack recordings of your shows has never been so easy. Multitrack audio can be played back to the 16 Mono channels plus ST1. Stereo files from your hard disk can be played back to ST3.
Add the Qu-Pad iPad app to your Qu-16 setup and you’re free to adjust the monitors on stage, roam around the venue whilst tweaking the PA, and then mix the show from the heart of the audience. Qu-Pad connects to the mixer over Wi-Fi* and gives instant access to all live mixing parameters and settings. Qu-Pad requires the connection of a Wi-Fi router or access point to the Qu-16 Network port.
- 9” Rack Mountable
- 16 Mono Mic/Line Inputs (TRS + XLR)
- Recallable AnaLOGIQTM Preamps
- 3 Stereo Inputs (TRS)
- 12 Mix Outputs (XLR)
- 7 Monitor Mixes (4 mono + 3 stereo)
- 4 FX Engines
- 2 dedicated FX Sends / Returns
- 4 Mute Groups
- 4 DCA Groups
- AES Digital Out
- 24×22 USB Audio Interface
- dSNAKE™ Remote Audio Port
- 17 Motor Faders
- 800×480 Touchscreen
- 4 Soft Keys
- Trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor, delay on all Inputs
- Insert, 4-band PEQ, 1/3 octave GEQ, compressor, delay on all Outputs
- Automatic Mic Mixer
- Channel Ducker on all Inputs
- ProFactory Mic Presets for Audio-Technica, Sennheiser and Shure microphones
- iLive FX Library
- Built-in Signal Generator
- RTA with Peak Band indication
- Spectrogram to aid feedback elimination and room acoustics
- Qu-Drive Direct Multitrack Recording / Playback on USB drives
- Windows / Mac DAW control
- Qu-Pad fully-featured iPad App
- Qu-You iPhone / Android personal monitoring app
- Qu-Control customisable iOS app for simple wireless control
- Compatible with ME Personal Mixing System
- High contrast metallic finish controls, matching premium GLD Chrome series
- AR2412 – 24 inputs, 12 outputs AudioRack with dSNAKE connection and expansion port for personal monitoring.
- AR84 – 8 inputs, 4 outputs AudioRack with dSNAKE connection.
- AB168 – Portable, rugged 16 inputs, 8 outputs stagebox with dSNAKE connection and expansion port for personal monitoring.
- AH9650 – 100m drum of EtherFlex Cat5 with locking Neutrik EtherCon connectors.
- AH9981 – 50m drum of EtherFlex Cat5 with locking Neutrik EtherCon connectors
- AH9651 – 20m of Neutrik EtherFlex Cat5 with locking Neutrik EtherCon connectors.
- LEDLamp – variable brightness 18” gooseneck lamp.
- QU-16-RK19 – Rack mounting kit.
- AP9262 – Dust cover for Qu-16.
- AP9931 – Qu-16 Carry Bag.
In Stock2 Available
Order before 3PM for Delivery Tomorrow
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More