Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: FP-90-BK
SpecificationRoland FP-90-BK Digital Piano
A carefully selected range of additional sounds that include electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths are on hand as well, allowing you to use the FP-90 in a wide variety of musical scenarios. And with Bluetooth® audio/MIDI support, you’re able to connect wirelessly with Roland’s Piano Partner 2 and other music apps on a smartphone or tablet. Available in black or white finishes, the flexible FP-90 is ready to go wherever you want to play.
- Authentic grand piano touch from the PHA-50 (Progressive Hammer Action with Escapement) keyboard, which combines wood and molded materials for great feel and lasting durability
- Uses the latest SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology instead of conventional sampling for a far richer, more detailed piano sound
- Four speakers provide powerful and rich sound that’s ideal for intimate live performances
- Premium selection of electric piano, strings, organ, and synth sounds, along with 30 registrations for storing favorite sound setups, including layers and splits for live performance
- Mic input and vocal effects
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth wireless technology and play along with audio from your apps routed through the piano’s speaker system
- Enhance performances with rhythm accompaniments from Roland’s Piano Partner 2 app
- Flat, portable cabinet in black or white finishes
- Optional KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 pedal provide an elegant integrated look for home use
- Compatible with DP-10 Damper pedal (included) or RPU-3 Triple Pedal (optional)
Superior Piano Sound and Touch in a Go-Anywhere Portable Format
Why should a portable piano mean you have to compromise on sound quality and keyboard feel? With the FP-90, you don’t have to settle for less, as it includes the sound engine and premium keyboard construction from our flagship pianos housed in a stylish, mobile body. Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano modeling technology is a unique modeling process that spans the entire sound creation process of an acoustic piano, including the combination of notes played, their resonance, and the way in which the piano’s many elements interact with each other. The result is a rich, complex sound—complete with overtones—that actually changes in response to the way you play. Then there’s the PHA-50, a new type of keyboard that blends wood and molded materials for the best of both worlds. Beautiful wooden sides give each key a familiar, rigid mass that feels just right to play, while the durable inner frame means you can enjoy the FP-90 for years to come without worrying about reliability.
Powerful Onboard Speakers Suitable for Primary Amplification in Smaller Venues
The FP-90 is equipped to sound great no matter where you play it. The discrete onboard bi-amp system delivers rich, powerful sound to the main speakers and sparkling high-end to the newly-developed dome tweeters, so your audiences will enjoy wide dynamic range and precise reproduction of each acoustic element. And with the convenient three-band equalizer on the front panel, you can easily adjust the sound to fit the venue. Whether you’re just using the onboard speakers in smaller venues or connecting to an external PA on larger stages, you’ll always have amazing sound with the FP-90.
Versatile Pro-Quality Sound Selection for Any Style of Performance
You expect a Roland digital piano to have a great selection of piano sounds, and the FP-90 certainly delivers. But what happens when you’re playing a gig and need something other than the classic piano sound? The FP-90 has you covered with a selection of pro-grade electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths, giving you sound options to play nearly any style. You can store these favorite sounds—along with other useful settings like layers and splits—in 30 user registrations for quick recall. With dedicated Upper and Lower volume sliders on the panel, it’s easy to adjust sound balances on the fly. If you sing as well, the mic input and dedicated vocal effects like compression, doubling and reverb let you get great vocal sounds without any extra gear. You can even record whole performances to USB memory in WAV or MP3 format for sharing with others!
Bluetooth Connectivity Enhances the Way You Perform and Practice
These days, people often play piano along with favorite songs stored on their smartphone. With built-in Bluetooth wireless support, the FP-90 goes one step further by letting you stream music through the piano’s powerful internal speakers for a far more immersive experience. Loading Roland’s free Piano Partner 2 app on your tablet lets you get even more creative, providing access to rhythm accompaniments in genres including pop, jazz, and blues. They even follow the chords you play, and it all happens wirelessly thanks to Bluetooth technology.
Flexible Enough to Play Wherever You Want
While the FP-90 is packed with the latest technology and time-saving features for the busy musician, the exterior design is simple and refined. Even though it’s a portable piano, the FP-90 looks great at home too, especially when paired with the optional KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 pedal for a fresh, contemporary look. The KSC-90 stand is stable and durable despite its simple, modern design, while the KPD-90’s three-pedal configuration supports Progressive Damper Action, which provides continuous response for traditional playing techniques.
- Width: 1,340 mm/52-13/16 inches
- Depth: 390 mm/15-3/8 inches
- Height: 136 mm/5-3/8 inches
- Weight: 23.6 kg/52 lbs. 1 oz.
Compatible with Piano Partner 2 Version 2.0 The Piano Partner 2 app for iOS and Android mobile devices provides a friendly, interactive way to help you learn and enjoy music with your Roland digital piano. Songs and DigiScore Lite show the piano’s internal music collection on your device’s display, while Rhythm and Flash Card allow you to build skills with intelligent accompaniment and engaging music exercises. Piano Partner 2 also enables your mobile device to work as a remote controller for your Roland piano, offering an intuitive graphic interface for even easier operation.
Recorder and Diary functions help you progress more quickly, allowing you to evaluate performances and keep track of your daily practice activities. The Diary logs stats about playing time, which keys you played, and more, and it’s even possible to share them with your family, friends, and teachers directly from the app. To use Piano Partner 2, connect your device and a compatible Roland piano wirelessly via Bluetooth®, or wired with a USB cable. Piano Partner 2 is available for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Songs—browse and select music from your Roland digital piano’s built in song library
- DigiScore Lite—displays music notation for the built in songs
- Rhythm—develop your sense of rhythm with accompaniment that follows the chords you play
- Flash Card game—fun challenges to develop ear-training and note-reading skills
- Remote Controller—control Roland digital piano functions from your mobile device
- Recorder—capture daily performances and listen back instantly
- Diary—track your daily activities and share progress statistics on social media such as Twitter
- Profiles—multiple users can track individual Diary data on one device
In Stock4 Available