Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: TB-03
What we say:
After the success of the AIRA TB-3, Roland have given fans a great tribute to the original in the form of this Boutique-sized TB-03. Styled almost exactly like the original TB-303 (yes, the names are getting a little confusing!), this model retains the same controls and programming methods as the original and the sound is a perfect rendition of that classic 'acid' bassline.
This model, like the TB-3, also throws in some overdrive and delay effects to spice up your performances, things that were not available in the original TB-303. This can be operated with batteries and has a sturdy metal front panel.
The TB-03 is worth fitting into absolutely any rig: it's one of those defining sounds of electronic music and Roland have captured it perfectly.
But the new TB-03 goes even further, with several enhancements not found on the original model. The four-digit LED display makes programming easier and more accurate, while overdrive and delay effects let you unleash a twisted, tribal wall of sound to send the crowd into a frenzy. Back in the studio, the TB-03 can send control information via MIDI or its USB port, the latter of which also functions as a 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface.
- Realistic recreation of the iconic TB-303 Bass Line synth
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TB-303
- Hands-on control over expressive parameters, including cutoff, resonance, envelope mod, decay, and accent
- New features not found on the original TB-303, including four-digit LED display, overdrive and delay effects, MIDI, fine tempo control, and additional functions for pattern creation
- Continue playing a sequence even while switching between write and play modes
- CV/Gate outputs for controlling vintage analog gear and modular synthesizers
- Dedicated trigger input to drive the internal sequencer
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
Authentic 303 Sound and Behavior via Roland’s ACB Technology
You know when you hear a TB-303—a hypnotic, tribal sound that works best in dark, crowded rooms with big sound systems. Using the same ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology from the acclaimed AIRA series, the TB-03 accurately emulates the expressive, slippery sound of its older brother, and even adds a few surprises. Saw and square waveforms are available, along with all of the rotary control knobs that help shape the 303’s unique character, including tuning, cutoff, resonance, envelop mod, decay, and accent.
New Features Not Found in the Original
The TB-03 includes several enhancements over the original TB-303. Firstly, the four-digit LED display makes programming easier and more detailed, since you now have a visual representation of the value being edited. Then there are a variety of overdrive, delay, and reverb effects that dramatically change the mood and tone of the TB-03, going from smooth to spiky to squealing. Programming patterns is also easier thanks to newly added functions that include step write, shuffle, and fine tempo control. Finally, the inclusion of MIDI and USB ports mean that the TB-03 can send and receive control information and connect easily to computer-based DAWs.
Classic TB Sequencer with Enhanced Functions
If you’re familiar with the TB-303’s programming method, then you’ll feel right at home with the TB-03. The original Pitch and Time write modes are included, along with an all-new Step mode. Pattern programming is also enhanced by the LED display, which shows the current step in the sequence as well as showing fine tempo values (such as 125.5 BPM). The internal sequencer can be triggered externally via the trigger input, and you can even switch between write and play modes without stopping pattern playback, opening up new possibilities for live performance.
Connect with External gear
The TB-03 includes MIDI IN/OUT ports and USB, allowing control information to be exchanged with other instruments and devices. This turns the TB-03 into a versatile controller, especially as you can use the CV/Gate output to control external analog gear and modular synthesizers. This level of control works both ways, thanks to the trigger input that lets external gear drive the TB-03’s internal sequencer. Once connected to a PC or Mac, both audio and MIDI data can be sent through the USB port.
Battery or USB Bus Power
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, the TB-03 can run on USB bus power.
USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording to Your DAW
Via its USB port, the TB-03 functions as a high-quality 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite settings and sequencer patterns safe too via the USB data backup function.
- OUTPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- TRIGGER IN jack: Mono miniature phone type
- CV OUTPUT jack: Mono miniature phone type
- GATE OUTPUT jack: Mono miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- 308 (W) x 130 (D) x 52 (H) mm/12-1/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-1/16 (H) inches
- 940 g/2 lbs 2 oz
- Roland TB-03
- Boutique Dock: DK-01 (Silver)
- Owner's Manual
- DK-01 Owner's Manual
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Available to OrderThis product is currently on order from our supplier, please contact us for an estimated delivery time.