Tech 21 Paul Landers PL1 Signature Fly Rig SansAmp EFX Boost
Order now for FREE Delivery on Wednesday
Manufacturer's ID: PL1
Rammstein’s Paul Landers has been a long-time user of Tech 21 gear, first the SansAmp PSA and then the SansAmp GT2. The SansAmps were an essential part of the guitar sound on all of their albums, and particularly prominent in their worldwide smash "Du Hast." While he liked the format of the Fly Rigs, Paul was looking for a different feature set. Given Paul’s long-term relationship with Tech 21, it was a no-brainer to collaborate on a Signature Fly Rig to fulfill his individual needs.
According to Paul, “With the PL1 I have everything I need in my pocket. No amp needed for the best distortion sound I know of.”
SANSAMP FEUER (Fire) and SANSAMP WASSER (Water)
The Paul Landers Signature Fly Rig features two all-analog SansAmp channels to switch between dirty and clean tones.
The Feuer section has 3-band active EQ controls with switchable
Mid, Drive and Level.
The Wasser section has dual-band active EQ controls, compression, and Level.
There's a Bite switch for a presence boost which provides extra clarity to the top end, increased definition to your notes, and an edginess with increased harmonics and a slight breakup.
Independent dual-mode Boost function. Post-SansAmp positive boost up to +6dB and “negative” boost down to -10dB.
Chromatic Tuner is operable via the TAP/TUNER footswitch in the DLA section. You simply hold the footswitch down to engage the Tuner, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
DLA with Tap Tempo + Vibrato + Ambiance
• Delay is voiced for the sounds of a vintage tape echo. It features Time and Repeats controls and dedicated Tap Tempo footswitch.
• Vibrato alters the functions of Time and Level: Time controls the speed of the vibrato. Min = Slow; Max = Fast. Level adjusts the depth of the vibrato. In Vibrato mode, you can use the Tap Tempo to control the speed.
• Ambiance provides a smooth, full sweep to easily dial-in the amount of ambiance desired. Choose from: Out position = Close mic’d ambiance. In position = Standard room ambiance.
• 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
• XLR output with ground lift
• 1/4-inch low impedance output
• Headphone button switches the 1/4” output into headphone mode
• Rugged, all-metal housing
• Metal footswitches and jacks
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
• Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.