IK Multimedia Z-Tone Buffer Boost
In Stock3 Available
Order now for Delivery on Thursday
Manufacturer's ID: IP-ZTONE-BB-IN
Guitar & bass pedalboards are all about exploring new tones & textures, creating a wide range of sound for your instrument. Z-TONE® Buffer Boost takes your live rig to a new level, letting you shape the sound of your instrument with the input circuits from our award-winning AXE I/O interface. Change the tone & feel of your guitar or bass, buffer your tone to survive even the biggest pedalboard, kick in the boost and supercharge all your existing gear with a powerful new front-end.
The ideal front-end
Z-TONE Buffer Boost offers a high-quality instrument preamp with exceptionally low noise and wide frequency response, and multiple circuit topologies to adapt to any type of guitar, pick-up and style.
Tone and feel like you’ve never heard
Guitar pickups can dramatically change their character depending on impedance - many amps offer a load of 1 MOhms, while pedals can run much lower. That’s why the tone and responsiveness of your guitar can change when plugging into different gear. Z-TONE Buffer Boost gives you the same variable impedance control as our groundbreaking AXE I/O audio interface, from 1 MOhm to 2.2 kOhms. At the maximum impedance, you’ll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Increase the load and the sound becomes thicker and more bold. You can use this control to coax a wider range of sounds from a single guitar, experiment with how the rest of your rig reacts to these changes, or dial in exactly the right vibe regardless of what comes next in your chain.
Kick it up a notch
Use Z-TONE Buffer Boost to supercharge your sound. The included Boost circuit offers adjustable gain to increase volume & drive, hitting your amp or pedals harder.
Always sound your best
Long cable runs, low-impedance stomps and complex routing can degrade your guitar’s signal, causing muffled, bassy or lifeless tone. To ensure your signal always stays crystal-clear, Z-TONE Buffer Boost offers a transparent output buffer so you always sound your best. And Z-TONE Buffer Boost offers a true bypass circuit, so it’s completely transparent when not in use.
More ways to connect
In addition to the “Link” amp & pedal output, Z-TONE Buffer Boost offers a balanced XLR output to connect to mixers & PAs. Skip the amp and perform direct, or mix clean and processed signals to create even more tonal options. A switchable ground lift eliminates noise and hum caused by ground loops, and an unbalanced ¼” output offers additional flexibility. Now you’re ready to connect in any situation. And Z-TONE Buffer Boost runs on a standard 9V battery, +48v phantom power from your mixer or 9V pedal power supply, so it’s easy to drop onto your existing pedalboard.
Improve your guitar track forever
In the studio, Z-TONE Buffer Boost also lets you record like the pros. Connect the balanced out to your audio interface and mic up your amp – now you can simultaneously record both your amp tone as well as a second DI guitar track. Now you can process and fine-tune at will with the included AmpliTube 5 SE – all without recording endless takes.
Includes AmpliTube 5 SE
Z-TONE Buffer Boost comes with AmpliTube 5 SE, the hyper-realistic guitar and bass tone studio for Mac/PC that includes 77 models of must-have gear.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones
- Buffers signal for longer pedalboards & cable runs
- Boost circuit adds volume & drive
- Alternate outs for mixers & PAs
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Designed and made in Italy
- I/O Gain: Unitary, from 1/4” input JACK to both 1/4” and XLR outputs when GAIN is at 0dB and Z-TONE at the SHARP position.
- Gain Range: From -8dB to +8dB
- Boost range: From 0dB to +10dB
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on PASSIVE mode: Variable from 1MΩ down to 2.2kΩ
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on ACTIVE mode: Approx 20kΩ
- Output impedance, unbalanced out: 56Ω
- Output impedance, balanced out: 600Ω
- Max input level before clipping: +13dBm when powered by 48V phantom,+9dBm when powered by 9V battery
- Dynamic Range: better than 114dB(A) for both outputs, input gain at 0dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion, balanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.0033% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Total Harmonic Distortion, unbalanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.00055% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Frequency response: from 5Hz to 30kHz -1dB
- Phase deviation: 0° +/-10° from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Phantom power: +48V phantom on Balanced output
- Battery power: 9V
- External DC power: 9VDC, positive outside - not included
- Current consumption from P48 phantom power source: 6.5mA
- Size: 10.8cm/4.25" x 12cm/4.72" x 5.8cm/2.28"
- Weight: 600g/21.2oz