IK Multimedia Z-Tone DI
Out of StockPlease contact us for an estimated delivery time.
Manufacturer's ID: IP-ZTONE-DI-IN
Want to track guitars the way the pros do, with a new level of sound quality and powerful workflow? Look no further than the groundbreaking Z-TONE DI.
Z-TONE DI combines the award-winning sound shaping from IK’s AXE I/O interface with the flexibility to record both processed and DI guitar tracks at the same time, as well as best-in-class sound quality. It takes any audio interface (or live mixer) to the next level using the same techniques in the studio as pros like Joe Satriani.
A whole new way to record
Z-TONE DI lets you record two tracks simultaneously: the processed track coming from your amp and effects rig, and a direct track for post-processing using amp sims like the included AmpliTube 5 SE.
This way you can record with your real gear, and at the same time have maximum tone flexibility with a second track that you can process and fine-tune at will, without having to record countless takes.
Powerful tone shaping options
Z-TONE DI offers a high-quality instrument preamp with exceptionally low noise and wide frequency response, and multiple circuit topologies to adapt to any type of guitar, pick-up and style.
Tone and feel like you’ve never heard
Guitar pickups can dramatically change their character depending on the impedance of your preamp. That’s why the tone and responsiveness of your guitar can change when plugging into different gear.
Z-TONE DI puts you in control, with the same variable impedance control as our award-winning AXE I/O audio interface. Dial in impedance from 1 MOhm to 2.2 kOhms to shape your sound In unique ways. At the maximum impedance, you’ll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Increase the load and the sound becomes thicker and more bold.
You’ll quickly find yourself using this to give your guitars even more sonic character, dialing in sound that fits beautifully into the mix without the need for EQ.
Premium sound & build
Best of all, Z-TONE DI is designed to preserve the natural tone of your instrument. With exceptional 114 dB(A) dynamic range and extended 5 Hz - 30 kHz (+/- 1 dB) frequency response, , Z-TONE DI ensures every nuance and detail of your instrument is carefully maintained.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones
- 20 dB pad for extended operating range
- Balanced & unbalanced outputs
- Link out splits signal to amps & pedals
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Rugged, stage-ready metal housing
- Designed and made in Italy
- I/O Gain: Unitary, from 1/4” input JACK to both 1/4” and XLR outputs when GAIN is at 0dB and Z-TONE at the SHARP position.
- Gain Range: From -8dB to +8dB
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on PASSIVE mode: Variable from 1MΩ down to 2.2kΩ
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on ACTIVE mode: Approx 20kΩ
- Output impedance, unbalanced out: 56Ω
- Output impedance, balanced out: 600Ω
- Max input level before clipping: +13dBm when powered by 48V phantom,+9dBm when powered by 9V battery
- PAD: -20dB
- Dynamic Range: better than 114dB(A) for both outputs, input gain at 0dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion, balanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.0033% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Total Harmonic Distortion, unbalanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.00055% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Frequency response: from 5Hz to 30kHz -1dB
- Phase deviation: 0° +/-10° from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Phantom power: +48V phantom on Balanced output
- Battery power: 9V - not included
- Current consumption from P48 phantom power source: 6.5mA
- Size: 13.7cm/5.39" x 15.8cm/6.22" x 4.5cm/1.77"
- Weight: 950g/33.56oz