Recommended For You
Manufacturer's ID: Ecstasy-Pedal
What we say:
A few years back, if someone said there was away to get the amp channels from a Bogner Ecstasy amp in pedal form, we’d have bitten their hands off to get hold one!
Well, there is no need for such extreme measures now: both the Blue and Red Channels are now available in a double footswitch format, complete with boost function!
This pedal is the Blue channel and has a softer, more open tone with less available gain than the Red model. Plugging this in, we are happy to say that Bogner have not miss-sold us: this pedal has all of the charm, personality and tone of that most celebrated of boutique amp heads! This pedal transforms any reasonably good amp into a juicy and irresistible tone machine! 4 gain stages are used to accurately mimic the workings of the Ecstasy head. It’s uncanny.
The Boost function adds dirt and a little natural compression for tasteful leads. A ‘variac’ switch adds a little extra squash for chunkier tones and a Mode switch opens things up more, moving into ‘Plexi’ territory with ease.
We are highly impressed. There is not a guitarist out there who won’t appreciate and enjoy this pedal.
Available in a new miniature version! Bogner Ecstasy Blue Mini Overdrive
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy blue pedal with four discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s blue channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy blue is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.Features:
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: volume, treble, middle, bass and gain
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue offers vintage lower gain or modified higher gain levels
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras/models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
In Stock5 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow