Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bas ...
£1,049.00 In Stock
FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Click and Collect available
Manufacturer's ID: 0141020356
What we say:
Flea, one of modern rock's most celebrated bassists, weighs into the esteemed world of Fender Artist models with this delicious Jazz Bass.
Having had other previous signature models in the past, Flea became very taken with a particular 70s Jazz bass given to him by a fan. It's now one of his main instruments for recording and touring and it's this bass that's lovingly recreated here for us as a production model.
The Shell Pink finish is a relatively rare example of 70s custom colour, here given the tasteful and charismatic 'Road Worn' light relic'ing which is then coated in a authentic nitrocellulose lacquer. The thick C shape profile neck has a true vintage 7.25" radius fretboard. The pickups are warm and expressive Pure Vintage models. The is a classy and tasteful bass from a modern master of the instrument.
A pair of vintage-style, American-made Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups provides classic, original-era Fender tone with clear articulation, clear low end definition, up-front midrange punch and singing high end. The vintage-accurate stacked concentric controls shape the pickups’ volume and tone, as well as allowing the pickups to be blended in any ratio. The Flea Jazz Bass plays fast and easy, thanks to its period-accurate 21-fret “U”-shaped maple neck with a smooth RoadWorn® urethane finish on the back, plus a 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard with a 1.5” wide nut. The vintage-style bridge sports four threaded steel “barrel” saddles, adding a touch of crispness to enhance the attack for tone that can power through a busy mix. Shell Pink is the rarest of Fender’s classic Custom Colour finishes, and Flea’s ’61 Jazz Bass is quite possibly the only one in existence.
We’ve carefully recreated his personal instrument’s exact faded shade as it exists today, and then applied an eye-catching Road Worn nitrocellulose lacquer finish that perfectly replicates Flea’s playing wear. A special neck plate engraved with Flea’s own artwork commemorates the inspiration behind this instrument. Other aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware, 3-ply tortoiseshell pickguard and aged white dot position inlays. Melding rhythm and melody with fierce personal style, Flea’s left his mark on modern music, and the Flea Jazz Bass is the perfect tool to make your own.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Controls: Stacked Concentric Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1.
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome/Black Concentric
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Neck: Maple,
- Frets: 20, Vintage-Style
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle), (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
In Stock5 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More