Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra AUX Pre-Amplifier
In Stock2 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Manufacturer's ID: DG-ALOMULAU
The Alpha Omega Ultra AUX is an incredibly versatile bass pre-amplifier. With its two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ, dedicated headphone output and balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation, all make for an incredibly complete tool for the modern bass player
The frequency response from a loaded speaker cabinet is a huge part of the tone of modern music production for achieving big, natural tones out of instruments, as the raw, distorted direct signal from pre-amplifiers and pedals etc. often sound fizzy and lifeless without one. Impulse Response (IR) cabinet emulation has become extremely popular in studio and live production in recent times, to uncompromisingly replicate the benefits of real speakers (sonic-size and presence of a full-rig), without any of the drawbacks: having an acoustically treated room (or very unhappy neighbours due to the volume), carrying bulky cabinets and/or setting up expensive microphones.
As more and more musicians go direct to the board, the need and benefits of incorporating studio-grade cabinet emulation into our top-of-the-line creations was evident. Now you can have an uncompromising, dead simple and ready-to-mix sound with your Alpha Omega Ultra everywhere you go!
The Alpha Omega Ultra’s Virtual Cabinet functionality allows you to get a consistent studio-grade setup by incorporating an incredibly accurate representation of your favourite cabinet’s character. And since they exist in the digital domain, they can be changed in a matter of seconds via a USB port with the Darkglass Suite.
Available for both PC and Mac, the Darkglass Suite is a free, easy-to-use platform for experimenting with your favourite cabinet configurations. This feature is fully switchable on the Direct Output and always-on for the headphone output, which gives you the chance to practice silently with an indescribably realistic, full-rig sound.
However the AUX update adds in an Auxiliary Input, which via the Headphone Output with cab sim, makes the pedal absolutely perfect for practicing. This allows you to connect your PC or mobile device to your pedal to play along with your favourite songs and backing tracks in total silence.
- Dual distortion engines (Alpha & Omega)
- Bite and Growl frequency emphasis switches
- Clean and Distortion type Blend controls
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches - allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- Six-band active Graphic EQ
- ± 20dB master volume control
- IR (impulse response) cabinet simulation
- Load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time)
- Connect to your PC/Mac via Micro-USB
- Free ‘Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm headphone output with cabinet simulation
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Switchable ground lift Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU - (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~110mA current draw)