Jackson Audio Broken Arrow V2 MIDI Overdrive
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Manufacturer's ID: JKA-BROKE
With innovative features never before seen in ANY other overdrive pedal made, the BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI is a comprehensive overdrive platform that is designed to give guitarists an incredible range of overdriven tones. Featuring a very flexible soft clipping overdrive circuit with 4 distinct Styles of clipping options, an innovative gain adjustment feature called GAIN CYCLE, a 3-band active EQ for maximum tonal flexibility and the MOSFET boost circuit found in Jackson Audio’s top-selling PRISM pedal, the BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI is topped off with MIDI control over all its plentiful parameters.
For the overdrive circuit, the pedal is based on a soft clipping overdrive designed in the same vein as the venerable TS-808, but without a set “mid-hump”. Instead you can use the active 3-band EQ to tone-shape the overdrive sound exactly as desired. There are also 4 selectable and distinct clipping modes:
- Green: Classic Screamer
- Magenta: Asymmetric Clipping - great for aggressive rhythm parts
- Blue: Symmetrical Clipping - for a more focused and direct tone
- Amber: Vintage Marshall - higher headroom for more open and a less compressed tone
One of the most exciting features of the BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI is the GAIN CYCLE, which takes the GAIN knob setting and divides that level of gain into 4 equal instantly accessible steps to cycle through. A unique circuit level matches the output of the pedal as various clipping diodes are selected, so now you can select between all four clipping options and your volume level will remain constant.
The boost circuit is MOSFET based, much like the AMP MODE found in Jackson Audio’s best-selling PRISM Preamp pedal. This has its own true bypass loop, which means it can be used independently of the DRIVE circuit. One of the things that makes the boost in the pedal unique from other boosts on the market are the 4 styles available. Each style is EQ’d slightly differently, which allows it to alter how it interacts with the overdrive circuit in the BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI or any other pedal you may have in your rig To top it off, the DRIVE circuit has a 3-band active EQ that gives tremendous tonal flexibility. Based on the legendary Baxandall EQ that is featured in countless studio devices, the BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI takes this circuit and tailors it for guitarists.
Jackson Audio spent a huge amount of time on this EQ dialling it in, so it would hit all the frequencies that guitarists need to adjust and then sweetened it by removing the ear-fatiguing highs and lows that can appear at extreme settings. BROKEN ARROW V2 MIDI – the ultimate drive flexibility for your pedalboard!
- Overdrive & Boost pedal, with Soft-clipping overdrive circuit
- Active 3-band EQ - for optimal tone shaping
- MIDI control over all parameters, ON/OFF and Boost
- 4 Clipping-Diode Styles with drastically different sound characteristics
- 4 differently EQ’d Boost Styles
- GAIN CYCLE circuit - for instant gain adjustment in 4 steps
- Small footprint and top-mounted jacks - for ease of pedalboard mounting
- Powered by 9 V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1mm, ~ 100 mA current draw)