Tascam US-2x2 USB Audio Interface
Manufacturer's ID: US 2X2
SpecificationTwo of TASCAM’s Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps provide up to 57dB of gain with nearly inaudible noise and distortion specs. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without coloring the source.
The US-2x2 includes class-compliant drivers for plug-and-play operation on Mac OSX and iOS devices like the iPad, and a simple driver adds ASIO compatibility for Windows. MIDI in and out are also included for connecting synths, drum machines, and controllers. The interface includes two DAW applications to choose from – both Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite 9.
With solid audio specs, iOS compatibility, and an easy-to-read angled design, the US-2x2 is the ultimate 2-channel interface for home, project, and mobile studios.
Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps for Clear Audio Quality from All of Your Mics
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding from any interface in their range. A gain range of 57dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamps on the US-2x2 makes your tracks sound like a record.
Simple Operation and an All-New USB Driver
TASCAM makes installing the US-2x2 a snap, whether usnig the built-in class-complient driver or the high-performance ASIO or Core Audio drivers. TASCAM started from scratch on the software, developing them in-house through extensive testing, resulting in our most robust drivers ever.
Also included with the driver software is a simple-to-use on-screen control panel, which monitors and adjusts critical interface settings.
Sleek industrial design that inspires creativity with a practical interface
We have applied the engineering expertise from years of making audio interfaces to create products that are both pioneering and practical. With their distinctive styles, these interfaces will fit perfectly on the desktops of musicians and will stimulate creativity.
Class-Compliant Drivers for use with iPad and Other Tablets
The US-2x2 and US-4x4 are built with class-compliant drivers built into the units. Not only does this mean that they can be used with many computers without first installing a driver, they also open the possibilities of with tablets such as Apple's iPad.
Bundled DAW Software Starts The Music Right Out of the Box
TASCAM has the only interfaces with your choice of two DAW applications included. Both Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Ableton Live 9 Lite are bundled with the interfaces. And either of these applications can be upgraded to more advanced versions when you're ready for more power.
The US-4x4 Is Built for Multi-Mic Recording
The US-4x4 is another inteface in the range, including four mic preamps and out balanced line outputs. The four Ultra-HDDA mic preamps handle anything from rehearsals to studio recording, to live performance. Capture an entire band, or just mic up a drum kit. The four TRS jack outputs can feed monitors, signal processors, or video cameras.
The US-4x4 includes an AC adapter – also required for use with iOS devices.
- Functions common to both the US-2x2 and US-4x4
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with -125dBu EIN
- NE5532 op-amps used at the audio input and output stages
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power for all inputs
- Two switchable high-impedance inputs
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57 dB
- Direct monitoring function for zero-latency monitoring
- Tough all-metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Balanced analog TRS output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Standard TRS headphones output jack
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Output sources can be selected in the setting panel
- Input sound monitoring can be set to stereo or mono
- Input muting function eliminates noise from unused inputs
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- License cards included for SONAR X3 LE/Ableton Live Lite 9
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
- Unique features for the US-2x2
- Two Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers
- Two XLR/TRS (MIC/LINE) inputs with full +48V phantom power
- Two TRS analog balanced outputs
- 18mW/ch headphone output
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- Optional AC adaptor available for use with iOS devices
- Unique features for the US-4x4
- Four Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers
- Four XLR or TRS (MIC/LINE) inputs with full +48V phantom power
- Four TRS analog balanced outputs
- Two headphone outputs – each with 45mW/ch output power
- Dedicated AC adapter is included
Order before 3PM for Delivery Tomorrow