Roland K-25-M Keyboard
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: K-25M
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic Jupiter-8 synthesizer
- Retains the feel, sound, character and user interface of the original
- 36 of the original synth parameters controllable from the front panel
- Adds several additions not found on the original Jupiter-8, including extra waveforms, expanded VCO range
- Chain mode allows two JP-08 to function as one 8-voice module
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and sound preview
- Battery-operated (4xAA) or USB powered
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m keyboard unit
The Jupiter-8 was a big synth in every way; physically imposing with loads of knobs and sliders, and most importantly, a huge sound. The JP-08 retains the big sound of the Jupiter-8 but shrinks everything else – including the price – into a module measuring under 12” across.
With such an expressive sound engine, you’ll want to shape the sounds to match your mood. With 36 of the original parameters accessible from the front panel, the JP-08 is all about hands-on control, and even users of the Jupiter-8 will quickly feel at home as the user interface and programming ‘feel’ is highly reminiscent of the original.
New sound-shaping options
Even though the JP-08 is an authentic recreation of the Jupiter-8, we also included a few extras. The JP-08 adds several new waveforms to the original architecture, including TRI and NOISE for the LFO and SIN for VCO-1, and both VCOs have an expanded range for even more sound shaping potential.
Develop your ideas with a 16-step sequencer
The on-board 16-step sequencer is a sonic scratchpad that lets you try out new ideas without bringing lots of gear – it can even be used without a keyboard. And if there’s no keyboard connected, the ribbon controller lets you preview the sound, making it an ideal way to program patches quickly and easily.
Optional K-25m keyboard unit
The JP-08 works especially well with the K-25m, an optional 25-key velocity sensitive keyboard that takes your music making to the next level. Once docked in the keyboard, the module’s front panel adjusts to three positions for convenient access to the knobs and sliders.
One of the killer features of the original Jupiter-8 was its ability to create huge pads, splits and layers using its 8 voices of polyphony. The JP-08 features a chain mode that allows you to connect two JP-08 modules using the MIDI ports and create one, 8-voice synthesizer, just like the original. Adding additional modules adds another 4 voices of polyphony with each module. This is especially great when controlling the JP-08 from a larger external keyboard. You can even edit the sound from the master module and control both units. Great for real-time filter sweeps and LFO effects.
Battery or USB Bus power
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the JP-08 via USB bus power.
USB audio interface for direct recording into your DAW
The built-in USB port also functions as a high-quality 24bit, 44.1kHz audio interface, for a fast, simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favourite patches and sequencer patterns safe too, via the USB data backup function.
In Stock5 Available
Order now for Delivery on Tuesday