Bogner La Grange
Recommended For You
Manufacturer's ID: La Grange
What we say:
Most Bogner pedals are designed after their own amps like the Uberschall and the Ecstasy. For the La Grange, Reinhold Bogner has tackled one of those enduring holy grails: the ‘Plexi’ amp!
It will come as no real surprise to learn that this pedal contains exactly that sound in spades! This double footswitch pedal gives you just the right flavour and amount of gain to take you from British Invasion to Texas and back! A ‘Variac’ switch brings things around a little closer to easy 80s Pasadena, too. How could you not want this pedal?
This handy unit has three levels of gain, selectable via a switch. These modes are based on the low input, high input and a modded setting of a classic Plexi amp. The tonal behaviour is perfect, as is the reactions and harmonic content. The Bogner La Grange sounds flat out great.
An independent boost function, with a level control, can be activated via it's own foot-switch to be either used as a stand alone boost, or together with the La Grange's main circuitry. Essentially two independent pedals, with the boost being in series after the La Grange!
Reinhold designed the La Grange pedal with an op-amp input, followed by five discrete Class A gain stages and incorporated Germanium diode clipping. This approach minimizes the input noise floor while retaining touch sensitivity and clarity throughout the entire gain range.
The La Grange pedal is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage to a substantially higher level. The higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of a real amplifier; therefore running the pedal above 9VDC will not improve dynamics and it is not recommended!
- True bypass
- Independent boost with level control
- Master Controls: volume, tone, channel blend and gain controls
- Channel Blend simulates the two channels of a four input 67-69 plexi amplifier
- 3 position gain switch for low (plexi), medium (normal) and high (modded) gain structure
- Variac mode for "brown sound", added dynamic compression with enhanced harmonics
- 2 position presence switch for overall brightness
- 3 position structure switch for a tight focused, fat loose or in between sound and feel
- Jacks: input, output and exp. for foot controllable gain via the output of a volume pedal.
- Low Battery Indicators: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
In Stock1 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow