Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus Metallic
Order now for FREE Delivery on Monday
Manufacturer's ID: CHRB
Because of the way traditional chorus pedals typically interact with their amps, most bass players would rather put an angry badger on their pedalboard. The Boost Chorus Bass avoids seasick tones, and badgers, through a specially-tailored design. It features the same control set as the standard Boost Chorus, including the Multi Voice switch, but differs in having a Detune control in place of the Pre-Delay. The Detune control adjusts the pitch of the choral voices, adding sonic girth to create thick, lush, bass-perfect chorus. Speed and Depth controls add modulation, so at minimum your fundamental notes are preserved. Finally, a chorus that works in harmony with your bass.
Sample settings include such styles as Cure Bass, Hooky, Squire Harmonized, Bass Chorus-no modulation, Jaco Fretless, Vibrato Bass, Triple Voice Bass, Infinite Flange, Bass Thickener, Subtle, Shimmer for Guitar, Randy Rhodes for Guitar.
- 100% analog Mix, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
- Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Speed and Depth work in conjunction to control their respective functions of the modulation.
- Pre-Delay (Boost Chorus) adds delay to the chorus effect before mixing it back in, achieving a wide range from flange/chorus to regular chorus to chorus/doubler.
- Detune (Boost Chorus Bass) alters the choral voicing up or down, giving you a chorus sound without modulation when Speed and Depth are set at minimum.
- Multi Voice adds dimension and thickens the sound with additional choral voicings.
- Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with “true bypass” (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
- Custom, silent-switching actuator.
- Heavy duty, all metal construction.
- Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2).