Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: KTN-ARTIST
What we say:
BOSS’s Katana range of solid state amps have been well-received to say the least! Guitarists of all styles have found the tones on board to be more than suitable for their applications, and the range has accordingly become a best-seller. This Artist model, with 100 watts of power running through a 12” speaker, may be the best choice for a lot of players.
Sound wise, it is getting harder and harder to tell solid state from true valve. This amp represents the best of current affordable technology in that regard. We think you’ll be very pleasantly surprised with this! Not for the ultra crunchy Brown channel, which is certainly impressive, but by the lower gain sounds that have just a hint of bite. These low gain sounds are without doubt the toughest to recreate with solid state technology, but we can honestly say that we’d happily gig and record with this Katana Artist. The sound is there, but so, importantly, is the feel of playing through a tube amp. It’s pretty spooky! BOSS should be applauded for their dedication to making this work.
The size of this 1x12” combo makes the Katana Artist the perfect gigging amp for small to mid-sized venues: it sounds large but weighs only 19kg, which is nothing compared to some similarly-sized all-valve combos!
With onboard effects, and FX loop, footswitchable channels and even MIDI and USB connectivity, the Katana Artist solves many problems for many players.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
In Stock4 Available
Order now for FREE Delivery on Tuesday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More