In Stock2 Available
Order now for Delivery on Sunday
Manufacturer's ID: DR-05X
The DR-05X offers portable, high-quality stereo recording in MP3 or WAV format – including 96-kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – using microSD, microSDHC or microSDXC media. A pair of omni-directional mics handles up to 125 dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. Users can also use their own microphone or line-level source through the mini-jack stereo input which includes plug-in power for microphones that need it.
The DR-05X is quick and easy to use with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding marks are only a button press away. Other features like low-cut filtering, Variable Speed Audition, chromatic tuner and others more can be chosen from the multilingual menu (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese). Three different auto level modes (Limiter, Peak Reduction, Auto Level) can help to prevent accidental distortion while recording. There is also a Level Align function that allows to smooth out any sudden volume jumps during playback, and a built-in speaker is provided for quick check-back. Users may apply one out of six reverb effects to the input or output signal, and an Overdub feature allows to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a recording previously made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, making it easy to re-record.
The new Dictation Mode enables the user to jump back and forth in preselected increments while playing back a file. It can be combined with speed control and a special dictation EQ making it useful for transcribing minutes recordings, for example. The new tape-style Overwrite mode with one level of undo allows users to select a drop-in time and replace part of an existing recording.
Apart from handheld recording, the DR-05X can also be used as a USB audio interface with two inputs and outputs, making it a tool for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio.
Two AA batteries can power the recorder for more than 17 hours, even while recording at CD quality. Operation by USB bus power or an optional AC adapter (PS-P520E) is also possible.
- High-quality handheld recording
- Small size and easy operation
- Built-in omni-directional stereo condenser microphone (up to 125 dB SPL)
- Recording media: Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 128 GB)
- USB audio interface mode for Mac and Windows computers (two inputs, two outputs)
- Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of Undo
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Recording/playback formats
- WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24 bit
- MP3: 44.1/48 kHz, 32/64/96/128/192/256/ 320 kbit/s
- Recording functions: Low-cut filter (40/80/120 Hz), Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter, Auto Recording, Pre-recording buffer, Self-timer, Marks, Tone generator for video editing with other equipment
- Playback functions: Auto Level Align, VSA, Repeat/Loop, Playlist, Resume, Jump back, EQ
- Built-in loudspeaker, headphones/line output
- Chromatic tuner, file divide function
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- Folder management
- Hold function to avoid inadvertent operation
- Menu language can be selected between English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
- USB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
- Stand adapter (1⁄4 inch) on bottom side
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 40 kHz +1/−3 dB (Fs 96 kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: ≤0.05 %
- S/N ratio: ≥92 dB
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, Tascam PS-P520E (sold separately)
- Power consumption: 1.7 W
- Dimensions (overall, W × D × H): 61 mm × 141 mm × 26 mm
- Weight (without/with batteries): 119/165 g