Fulltone Custom Shop Ranger Frequency Boost
In Stock4 Available
Order now for FREE Delivery on Friday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2021 to 24th December 2021 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange & can be exchanged until Monday 31st January 2022. Learn More
Manufacturer's ID: CS-Ranger
The Dallas Rangemaster was a germanium transistor-powered guitar effect made in the mid-1960s which was relied upon heavily by Brian May, Tony Iommi, Rory Gallagher and many others to achieve their signature sounds. It was marketed as a "Treble Booster" when it actually boosted the midrange and treble frequencies, at the same time imparting an incredible harmonic-laden distortion while also driving the tube amplifier to distort more. If you can find one now, they go for north of $4000, but don't despair, Fulltone have brought it back to life with 5 extra frequency ranges and true-bypass in a super-compact enclosure. In addition, Fulltone devised a way to allow the circuit to remain "PNP" (positive ground) while letting you power it with a standard "NPN" (negative ground) power adapter or pedalboard power supply.
This Ranger contains a New Old Stock Military Germanium transistor that was culled from Michael Fuller's (Fulltone President) personal stash and tested for noise, leakage and tonal qualities. All Fulltone Rangers are 100% hand-built in California USA.
- Proprietary Power supply design allows this PNP (Positive to ground) Germanium pedal to be powered by any standard NPN (Negative to Ground) power supply!
- 6-position rotary switch, 6 different sounds, including Rangemaster 1 and Rangemaster 2
- Sexy amber light jewel
- Top-mounted jacks & DC port
- Adjustable Transistor Bias trimmer. Want it soft? Want is hard? Want more or less chime? Just turn it and adjust by ear, there is no wrong setting.
- It's a TINY pedal (4.75" x 2.9") yet there's a battery in it too...grab'n'go.
- 100% Hand-Made in Los Angeles using full-size components.
|Input Impedance||Using 440Hhz, varies 30k-200k depending on Range Mode selected|
|Output Impedance||5K with volume pot at 50%|
|Dimensions||4.78”(L) x 2.9”(W) x 2.4”(H)|