Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition
In Stock4 Available
Order now for FREE Delivery on Wednesday
Manufacturer's ID: APLTWXD-HE
What we say:
At A Glance:
The Apollo Twin X Duo Heritage Edition from Universal Audio is an outstanding Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with some interesting features. While designed in a lovely desktop format, it features a host of inputs and outputs with the option to expand via ADAT. The components are all studio quality, resulting in high fidelity recordings. There are plenty of handy controls on-board and a talkback feature with a built-in microphone. This particular model features two DSP chips that allow you to run award-winning UAD plug-ins with super-low latency and includes a selection of great plug-ins to start with. With all of this in mind, the Apollo Twin X Duo Heritage Edition brings your recordings to the next level!
If you're after a professional level interface that is packed full of features, with access to industry-standard plugins, plus the ability to add more inputs when you need to, this is the interface for you.
Features We Love:
UAD Plug-ins are regarded as some of the best on the market by countless producers, mixers, recordists and mastering engineers. These bring the sound of classic hardware to your DAW. For example, the LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall amplifiers and Neve channel-strips. All plug-ins are painstakingly modelled on the hardware, and run from the DSP in your Apollo.
Using the Console application, you can choose to monitor with plug-ins active but record your dry signal. Alternatively, you have the UAD Rec function which lets you ‘print’ the sounds into your DAW recording. This is great for taking advantage of UAD channel strip or Amp emulation plugins, giving you an authentic studio sound and saving DSP later in the mixing process.
The pair of DSP processors also allow you run multiple instances of the plugins inside your DAW, where you'll find they become an essential part of your mixing process.
The Heritage Edition Bundle includes UAD recreations of some of the most iconic studio equipment of all time. Including the Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection and Pultec Passive EQ Collection. The LA-2A and Pultec EQ alone have been an essential part of countless classic records, but the bundle also includes the UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection, UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection and Pure Plate Reverb, all of which are set to reinvent how you produce your music.
Connectivity and Controls
The Apollo Twin X Duo Heritage Edition features two high quality Unison preamps, a single guitar/bass DI, four line outputs and a headphone output. You can also add eight more inputs by connecting a channel strip via ADAT. The controls feel great too, with a precise gain/volume knob and features like monitor mute, mono, low-cut, phase inversion and more. This thing thrives at the heart of a recording setup!
LUNA Recording System included
LUNA is the new recording software on the block. Designed by Universal Audio themselves, it has some unique features. It makes it easy to record and monitor with UAD plugins and get that analogue sound we all crave. You’ll find an excellent audio and midi recording/editing workflow on-board. It’s also very easy to dial in warm analogue sounds thanks to features like record and playback FX, tape slots and parallel bussing. LUNA is already packed with great features and comes free with the Apollo. You can also purchase a variety of extensions for it such as Neve Console Summing and the Minimoog instrument separately.
- Professional level audio interface
- World class components
- Thunderbolt 3 offers faster transfer speeds
- Two DSP chips on-board
- ‘Realtime Analog Classics’ UAD plug-in bundle included
- ‘Heritage Edition’ UAD plug-in bundle includes classic studio emulations
- Controls for monitor mute, mono, low-cut and more
- Talkback function with built-in mic
- LUNA and Console applications included
- Apollo Twin X Duo Heritage Edition
- Power Supply
- A special edition of UA's acclaimed Apollo Twin X interface — with a premium suite of 5 award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix,® Pultec,® and UA — a $1,300 value
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, and AAX 64 formats in all major DAWs
- Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Also includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in Apollo "Heritage Edition" Bundle:
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)