.NET Web Developer (C# / ASP.Net MVC)
GUITARGUITAR is a company with a passion for making people's lives better through music. As the UK’s largest guitar retailer, and a Top 350 UK Internet Retailer, we want to recruit an experienced and qualified .NET Web Developer (C# / ASP.Net MVC) to expand our technology division. This is the ideal role for an enthusiastic person, with a mixture of web development and programming skills, to play a key role in our award-winning business.
Who we are:
At guitarguitar we strive to provide the best possible experiences for our customers (both in-store and online) and we take a great deal of satisfaction from being a part of the musical journeys our customers embark upon. At the heart of our family is a group of people who go the extra mile for each other and our customers. We are not a faceless warehouse. We are an enthusiastic community who are always evolving, revising, learning and moving forward to provide our customers with the best possible multi-channel retail experience.
A key part of that community is our integrated technology team who utilise modern technologies to drive the business forward whilst advancing the platforms that make it all possible. Our technology stack is always evolving and we deploy new features regularly using our continuous integration systems. We champion an agile approach, developing in small batches to iteratively improve our platforms whilst driving through our roadmap of initiatives. We utilise automated testing to improve velocity whilst also often developing together in pairs to share knowledge between developers….ultimately...everyone contributes and you could say, we are pretty techy to the core.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate must be suitably qualified and have a solid demonstrable experience of developing websites using ASP .NET / MVC / C# so they can enjoy making a difference from day one.
- Contribute to the development of our award winning e-commerce & EPOS platforms.
- Work closely with our internal teams to develop initiatives to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of our company.
- Contribute to key software development decisions within the company.
- Contribute to improving team practices and agility.
- Solid commercial web development experience
- Computer science degree or similar
- ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework, SQL
- ASP.NET Web API and RESTful web services
- Version Control Software such as Git
- Independently test and debug applications in Visual Studio
- Write good quality code which adheres to industry standards so as ensure the maintainability and reliability of the developed software
- Take part in code reviews including using feedback received and providing feedback for others
- Be comfortable working as part of a team, enjoy pair programming, and be able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently and be capable of managing your own time
- Good understanding of front end development across multiple browsers and mobile
- Be able to participate in project reviews and evaluations, giving feedback, ideas and concepts in support of the company’s development.
- Windows Server / IIS Web Server
- SQL Server
- .NET Core
- Development using npm and webpack
We do not use any agencies so please apply confidentially directly.
Important: Whilst we normally work from our offices in Glasgow, currently most of the team are working remotely due to Coronavirus, as such, we will make all the necessary arrangements accordingly to accommodate candidates.