In Stock4 Available
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: EL CAPISTAN
What we say:
At A Glance:
Strymon have dived into the murky world of tape echo and brought you the fantastic El Capistan: possibly the best tape simulator on the market today! Featuring 3 classic tape machine styles, 3 modes for flexible sound options, simple yet in depth controls, essential tap tempo, expression pedal access and stereo outs. Bring the warm warble home ands instantly bring some vintage vibe to absolutely any instrument you plug into it!
Features We Love:
Strymon had a selection of vintage tape machines in the lab and have selected 3 choices for flexibility and authentic vintage appeal. They have also given you the option of clean, warm repeats to warbly distorted crunchy echo of the machines that were worse for wear!
Go deeper with hidden features.
A fantastic feature of the El Capistan is the option to go even deeper with some very excellent secret controls! Uncovered controls include Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut and even a spring reverb for prime authenticity!
Vintage sound is one thing but the Strymon have lovingly provided you with some up to date features today's self discerning echo head can't live without such as tap tempo, expression pedal access and stereo output.
- Authentic tape echo sounds with great tweaking options
- Fantastic secret features expand the sound even further!
- Premium built, parts and essential modern features such as tap tempo.
- Strymon El Capistan Tape Delay
- Power Supply
El Capistan provides three different tape machine types in one, each with three unique modes. With ten parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over tape quality, machine health and tone shaping. Go from the sound of a pristine, studio-quality tape machine to the heavily fluctuating sound of a machine in need of service. Get the full bodied sound of fresh tape all the way to the gnarled qualities of worn out tape. Because it's DSP driven, you get a range of tape experiences unattainable with a traditional tape machine. All of this without the headaches of tape machine maintenance and repair!
- Hand crafted dTape algorithms deliver meticulously nuanced recreations of tape echo systems.
- Three tape machines in one: Fixed (one fixed playback head), Multi (multiple playback heads), and Single(sliding record head)
- Each tape machine has three modes for extremely flexible echo options
- Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
- Five “hidden” knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Sound on Sound mode with instant tape splice and bulk erase. A built-in tape-style looper!
- Press and hold Tap for instant Infinite Repeats
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- 9V center negative DC supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight gunmetal gray anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA