Bogner Goldfinger 6V6 45 Watt Head w/Reverb
Manufacturer's ID: GOLDFINGER45REV
SpecificationThe Goldfinger is based around the rich harmonic textures of the 6V6 tube, "they have this nice warm dirt with a creamy break up at fairly low volumes, sing like EL34's but have more chime for cleaner bell like tones".
A power amp with the finesse of a Bull Rider, you know "the art of hanging loose, hanging just as tight", combined with the many sonic fragrances of the pre amp circuit and you have a complex harmonic Universe at your service!
A quartet of 6V6's is used to have 45W of clean headroom available but power can be scaled down to 30, 18 and 9 watts.
I said "people will have to take their time to dial this amp in" Reinhold replied with raised voice "It's not just an amp, it's a Guitar System!"
- Two channel Tube Amplifier
- Choice of variable Boost or Pre FX-Loop
- Boost or Pre FX-Loop individually footswitchable for each channel
- Footswitch controllable tube buffered series or parallel Post FX-Loop
- Footswitch controllable spring reverb*
- Alpha Ch.: Bass, Middle, Treble, gain & Loudness controls, Pre & Post Bright switches
- Omega Ch.: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain EQ, Gain & Loudness controls, 69/80 mode switch
- High and Low + Half power switch for 4 different power settings between 9 and 45 watts.
- Functions on footswitch: alpha/omega ch. select, alpha boost/pre-fx, omega boost/pre-fx, reverb, post-fx
- Available as Head or 1x12 open back combo
- Matching 1x12 open and 2x12 open or closed speaker cabinets
The pre effects loop is unique and a first in amplifier designs. Actually not a first for Reinhold, in 1995 he designed and produced a 60 unit run of the hand wired Caveman Amplifier which featured a tube buffered pre effects loop. While this loop worked well and served its purpose for the 100% pure sound you still had to plug the guitar directly in to the channel inputs. After rethinking the problem Reinhold came up with the a new pre loop design which is featured for the first time in the Goldfinger. The problem is solved, if the pre loop is not engaged the amplifier will only see the guitar straight without going through any switches or relais. This means if your guitar is plugged straight into the Goldfingers input and any other effect pedals, units, loopers, routers etc... you would normally use between guitar and amplifier are hooked up to the loop of the Goldfingers you have a 100% pure guitar tone. Please note there is no buffer circuit involved weather the loop is on or off. This means if you do like your signal buffered through your pedals you would need to use an external unit just like you would with any other amp.
Out of StockPlease contact us for an estimated delivery time.