Manufacturer's ID: 1.RV25X.BK.G
What we say:
Mesa/Boogie is the lifelong work of Randall Smith, a drummer, saxophonist and amp repairman who, in the late 60s San Francisco in the midst of the hippy scene, worked away in his mountain shack perfecting what became the world’s first cascading gain guitar combo. After showing it to Carlos Santana and receiving the comment ‘Man, this thing really Boogies!’, Smith released the first Mesa/Boogie amp, the Mark I. Always the innovator, he also invented the world’s first channel switching amp (the Mark II in 1980) and redefined high gain distortion for everyone in 1991 with the game-changing Dual Rectifier.
Since then Smith and his team at Petaluma, California have continued to innovate and produce completely hand-made amps-as-instruments that lead the way in terms of tone, build quality, vision and possibility.
This portable 1x12 combo is the perfect gigging companion for those who want to unleash the signature sound of the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. With Multi-watt power settings switchable from 25 w to 10w on each channel, you can alter the headroom of the amp as you prefer along with the response characteristics.
As with it’s mighty big brother, the channels of this combo have switchable characters: clean can also be ‘pushed’ and the gain channel can be either vintage or modern. Each channel has entirely separate gain, EQ, master and reverb (on the back) controls so you do not have to compromise either channel. This is the simplest way to get that colossal Dual Rec firepower at your next gig. Of course, it’s not all about mega-gain with this amp: the clean and pushed sounds are full of depth and expression, especially when you dial in a little long spring tube reverb. This is an excellent selection of sounds available from this tasty little combo.
Introducing the Recto®-Verb™ Twenty-Five Head and 1x12 Combo, the Reverb-endowed, fraternal-twins of our little Mini Rectifier lunchbox that’s been taking names all over the globe. These even mightier packages are slightly larger – just big enough to accommodate a 1x12 speaker (in the case of the combo) and long-spring Reverb tank – and boast all the same great performance that the Mini Rec™ is famous for and more. Plus, their classic vinyl-covered birch cabinets provide a wide array of custom finish options to fully personalize them.
The lush tube-driven Reverb widens the sound and sweetens the attack just a bit, increasing its versatility and appeal for players who favor lower to medium gain in their style. But don’t fret... for those into heavier tones the trademark Recto® sounds are all here and completely authentic.
So whether you’re rockin’ out or putting the immense versatility of this new Recto’s four Modes to task on a variety of styles, you’ll find inspiration and a huge fun-factor in these exciting, super-portable 1x12 Combo and Head packages.
- Custom Designed AND Handcrafted Exclusively in Petaluma, California
- All Tube Amplifier: 2xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- Patented Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Mesa’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ technology providing two power levels with different wiring configurations via independent 10/25 Watt Power Switches
- Choose from:
- 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 Watts or;
- 2 tubes operating in Mesa’s exclusive Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity, producing 25 Watts
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes
- Channel 1 features: Clean or Pushed Modes with Multi-Watt™ Power Switch (10/25 Watts) and Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master Controls
- Channel 2 features: Legendary Vintage or Modern High Gain Modes with Multi-Watt™ Power Switch (10/25 Watts) and Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master Controls
- All-Tube, Long-Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel)
- All-Tube, Fully Buffered FX Loop
- Aluminum Chassis
- External Switching Jack for Reverb
- 1 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2)
- Slip Cover
FORMATS, WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS:
- Head (Dimensions: 7 1/2" H x 17 1/2" W x 9" D – Weight 19 lbs.)
- Rackmount Head (Dimensions: 6 7/8" H x 19" W (w/ rack ears) or 17 1/8" W (w/o rack ears) x 9 1/2" D– Weight 17 lbs.)
- 1x12 Combo (Dimensions: 17" H x 19" W x 11" D – Weight 41 lbs.) • 12” Fillmore 75 Speaker
In Stock3 Available
Order before 12PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow