Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: PS1-II
What we say:
At A Glance:
The Fryette Power Station is a solution to many ongoing problems that guitarists experience with volume and tone. This box is an attenuator, but it is also so much more! From helping smaller amps compete in a gig scenario, adding an FX-loop to amps that have none, to allowing great quality silent recording, the Fryette Power Station is a simple and powerful box that every electric guitarist can benefit from owning.
Features We Love:
Attenuation that preserves tone
You don't want to spend time and effort working on your tone, only to have it tampered with when gig time arrives: neither does the Fryette Power Station! It'll let you tame your large combo or stack in terms of volume, but leave all of the tone and dynamics in place, right where you need them!
Match any head to any cab
With the Power Station, you no longer have to worry about matching ohm ratings between your head and speaker cab: there are individual settings for each part, allowing you to mix and match your gear any way you want!
Add power to smaller amps
Take your smaller valve combo or lunchbox amp to the gig and use the Fryette Power Station to increase the power! preserve your tone or add body and depth, all whilst having much more power than ever before!
- Has features to benefit almost every guitarist's amp setup: home players, gigging players, valve fans and digital devotees. There is nothing else like this on the market.
If you have ever used a resistive or inductive attenuator, you have already experienced the loss of tone and dynamics of your amplifier at various volume settings. You are already frustrated with the typical 3dB step switch that always seems one step too loud or one step too quiet. If you've used a solid state powered attenuator, you've already experienced the flat speaker cab response and finicky effects loop function that never seems to be the perfect level.
The Power Station® solve all of those problems in one convenient, lightweight product that sits neatly on top of any head or combo amplifier.
It serves as:
1) An attenuator for controlling the volume of high powered amplifiers with none of the drawbacks of a conventional attenuator.
- Compact and easy to carry, sit on top of an amp head, combo or desktop.
- Completely safe for any amplifier.
- Provides a post distortion effects loop for any amp whether or not it already has one.
- Preserves the dynamic feel and speaker response at any volume.
- Perfectly preserves the tone of the attenuated amplifier at any volume setting down to whisper level.
- Allows you to extend the voicing of any amplifier - a vintage amp can sound more modern, a modern amp more vintage, a dull sounding amp more alive, and a "spongy" amp can sound tighter, etc.
- Provides an unbalanced line out for any amp whether or not it already has one.
- Choose 4, 8 and 16 ohms separately for both the amplifier and cabinet matching. No more nerve-wracking impedance mis-matching that could damage your amplifier.
- Silent direct recording via unbalanced out.
2) A power booster for low powered amps.
- Allows you to extend the voicing of the amplifier - crank a mini amp to the threshold of destruction, then add top, bottom and volume to taste.
- Can attenuate or boost the output of a lunchbox amp.
- Any small amp, Tiny Terror, Tweed Champ, AC15, Princeton, etc., can cut a live gig with a full band with all original tone intact.
- Silent direct recording via unbalanced out.
3) A high quality adjustable reactive load for silent recording.
Power Station can also perform as:
- An onstage monitor power amp for live modeling direct to FOH system.
- A mono power amplifier for guitar preamps, floor preamps and modeling preamps.
- A post distortion effects loop for any amp that doesn't have one.
- An effects power amp for Wet/Dry amp rig.
- A desktop power amp for adding tube power sound to direct recording for any instrument or signal source.
Power Station provides every guitar player a variety of performing and recording solutions for every kind of playing or performing application or environment.
Front panel controls:
- Bypass Switch - Footswitchable
- Hi EQ Switch - Flat, Brite, Edge
- Lo EQ Switch - Flat, Warm, Deep
- Standby Switch (Bypass)
- Power Switch
- Amplifier Input
- Amp Impedance Select - 4/8/16 Ohms
- UnBalanced Line Out
- FX Send
- FX Return
- Unbalanced Line In
- Speaker Impedance Select 4/8/16 Ohms
- Speaker Out 1
- Speaker Out 2
- Ground Lift
- Mains Fuse
- AC Input
- 2 X 6L6
- 1 X 12AX7
Power Input (Max Continuous): 200W @ 4 Ohms / 150W @ 8Ohms / 200W @16 Ohms.
Output Impedance: 4/8/16 Ohms, Selectable.
Load Amp Impedance: 4/8/16 Ohms, Selectable.
In Stock10+ Available
Order now for Delivery on Sunday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More