Bogner Ecstasy Anniversary Hea ...
£4,199.00 In Stock
FREE Delivery on Thursday
Click and Collect available
Bogner Ecstasy Anniversary Head 100W 6L6 Comet/Salt and Pepper
Manufacturer's ID: XTC20THA
The 20th Anniversary is our finest evolution of the Ecstasy line that
started with the 100B, 101B and Classic. However, the 20th Anniversary model
features it's own unique circuit and many refinements never before seen.
In the past few years many new boutique capacitors have come on the market such as the Sozo and Jupiter brand which focus on replicating the vintage capacitors from the 60's. These new capacitors are very expensive and mostly hand made in their construction so we were intrigued to hear how they sound. We purchased all the available brands and meticulously went trough the entire signal chain of our Ecstasy circuit incorporating these vintage style capacitors into the design. However, once this process started, we quickly realized that replacing the capacitors was only the beginning, additional adjustments and refinements were implemented to maximize the vintage tonal character of these new capacitors which all together give the 20th Anniversary it's iconic Golden-Era of Ecstasy tone.
The pre EQ's 2 and 3 have been shifted and a vintage modern style
switch lets you decide the overall flavor of Channel 2 and 3, bypassed when in
the plexi mode.
The plexi channel has slightly more gain and a foot controllable boost was added which expands the amp to have 6 sounds on tap via your foot. Boost is engaged with the same switch as for Channel 2 and 3.
The clean channel has been changed; special emphasis was taken to the boosted mode which gives you more gain with nicely balanced frequencies and compression.
Power amp dampening was adjusted to compliment the new pre amp design, the Excursion switches so to speak.
The 20th Anniversary amp was designed and features 6L6 power amp tubes standard
- 3 channel all tube design
- Ch1: gain, bass, middle, treble and volume control
- Ch1: 3 position pre eq and gain boost
- Ch2: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq
- Ch3: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq
- Ch2 & 3: common bass, middle and treble controls
- Ch2 & 3: common gain-structure, gain boost and plexi mode switch
- Tube buffered effects loop, series or parallel (mix control) mode, master volume
- Dual assignable presence controls with excursion switches for loose and tight feel
- Half power & old/new style switch (cuts power from full to about 25 watts)
- Functions on foot controller: ch1, ch2, ch3, boost 1, boost 2, fx loop, stand-by mute
Order now for FREE Delivery on Thursday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More