Available to OrderPlace your order today and we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Manufacturer's ID: COMPADRE
What we say:
At A Glance:
It took awhile but it was worth the wait. Strymon have finally graced us with The Compadre: A dual voiced compressor with a switchable clean or dirty boost function to kick it up a notch when the time is right. As well as supreme build Strymon are famous for. The Compadre also has some nifty features such as a volume pedal input, MIDI access and true bypass. Your new squeeze is here!
Features We Love:
Twin compression circuits
The Compadre features 2 very usable compression voices. A studio style that effortlessly delivers the transparent, warm sound of a vintage rack mounted compressor or a pedal style if you want and edgier vibe with maximum sustain!
Dual boost options
Whether you fancy a nice clean boost to lift an already beautiful; sounding tone or a bit of dirt to push a solo or even your amp, The Compadre offers both with 3 EQ settings so your boosted signal fits in the mix perfectly.
Solid build, premium parts
Strymon do not mess around when it comes to quality. For a company to be around for a relatively short time and have such a reputation is down to there commitment to providing you the best built pedal available and of course the bets sound!
- Double compression voices for smooth or sustained sounds.
- Twin boost options of clean lift or dirty kick!
- Build to the highest standard in a bomb proof chassis.
- Strymon Compadre Compressor
- Power Supply
From pickups, tubes, capacitors, to speaker cabinets—the aspects of a rig that can be upgraded or changed are nearly endless. Plug in Compadre and you may find you already have everything you need for the tone you’ve been seeking.
Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Compadre’s Class A JFET input circuit, studio quality analog compression, and musically voiced analog boost circuits all work together to make your amp sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Super Flexible, Super Easy.
Compadre gives you everything you need to shape your front end tone, and nothing to slow you down. Auto makeup gain and auto threshold mean that all you have to do is turn up the Compression knob to dial in the desired amount. Compadre’s wide variety of tone shaping features are all designed to easily sound great across a wide variety of settings.
Two Distinct Analog Compression Circuits.
Choose between two compression circuits, each with its own unique character. Studio mode gives you the smooth, beautifully transparent compression typically found in the best vintage studio rack units. For a harder compression effect typical of classic guitar pedals, Compadre’s Squeeze mode is designed to deliver heavy compression with maximum sustain.
Boost the Sweet Spot, Clean or Dirty.Compadre gives you two distinct analog boost circuits: a clean boost, and a dirty boost that introduces soft clipping, characteristic of an overdrive pedal. The selectable boost EQ ensures the perfect compliment to any guitar and amp combination. Add sparkle and shine with a treble boost, fatten your tone with the midrange boost, or level up the full frequency range with flat mode.
Connect an expression pedal to add premium VCA-based volume control. Add an optional MiniSwitch or MultiSwitch Plus to store and recall your favorite settings. Integrate Compadre into a MIDI pedalboard using our MIDI EXP Cable and access up to 300 preset locations.
- Premium analog VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) compressor circuits
- Two voicing options: smooth studio compression and hard pedal style compression
- Independently controlled clean or dirty boost circuit with 3 EQ options
- Dirty boost option provides overdrive when boost is engaged
- DRY Knob lets you blend the dry signal with the compressed signal to preserve attack transients
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp input, low impedance mono output
- Output VCA allows Compadre to function as a volume pedal when a standard TRS expression pedal plugged into the dedicated Volume jack!
- Compatible with MiniSwitch for remote selection of a Favorite preset and MultiSwitch Plus for remote selection of 3 presets
- Full featured MIDI control. Access to 300 presets and remote parameter control via quarter-inch TRS. (requires Strymon MIDI EXP Cable or MIDI > TRS interface)
- Selectable True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or ultra low-noise Buffered Bypass
- 9V DC power supply included. Power requirements: 9 volt DC centre-negative, 150mA+ of current
- Compressor Signal/Noise: 109 dB typical
- Dimensions: 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)
- Designed and built in the USA