Available to OrderPlace your order today and we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2021 to 24th December 2021 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange & can be exchanged until Monday 31st January 2022. Learn More
Manufacturer's ID: 504003JG
What we say:
Arguably Rickenbacker's most famous bass, the 4003 has found itself in such illustrious company as Lemmy, Peter Hook, R.E.M.'s Mike Mills and the late Cliff Burton of Metallica. It's ultra-distinctive treble snarl is a defining element in raw rock power and they look, sound and play unlike any other basses.
Built with a ton of maple to supply the all-important treble clang, this model of 4003 haas the beautiful binding on the body and neck. It's a stereo model too and has two single coil pickups to further achieve that Rickenbacker tone. Dig in with a plectrum and hear some truly classic bass tones! This bass has attitude to spare and, of course being Rickenbacker, it's hand-made in California. To play one of these is to play a true legend.
SpecificationRickenbacker 4003 available next day for UK delivery
- Body Type: Solid
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4'')
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16'')
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8'')
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10'')
- Body Wood: Maple
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16'')
- Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2'')
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4'')
- Neck Binding: Yes
- Fret Marker Style: Triangle
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Bridge: RIC
- Neck Type: Through body
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Mono and Stereo
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
The 4003 comes with a genuine Rickenbacker hard case. All 4003 come with a full one year warranty.