Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Black
Includes Gig Bag
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Fender’s Classic Player range has proved to be extremely popular and for good reason: each model is based on a classic historic guitar model but then reimagined and spec’d by one o... read more
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: 0141600306
What we say:Fender’s Classic Player range has proved to be extremely popular and for good reason: each model is based on a classic historic guitar model but then reimagined and spec’d by one of Fender Custom Shop’s Master Builders before the final design is built in the Mexico factory. This means you can have an expertly designed, classic Fender model with great unique appointments for a very affordable price.
The Jazzmaster, introduced in 1958, was intended to provide a solid body alternative to hollow bodied jazz guitars. This didn't necessarily happen at all but instead, generations of punk and new wave players embraced the Jazzmaster's offset body, large single coil pickups and rhythm/lead circuit switching.
This Classic Player version has reassessed the minor niggles that a lot of players had with the Jazzmaster and made some great changes to bring this guitar up to date. These changes include making the neck pitch a little more steep to improve tuning. The fretboard radius is now a more lead-friendly 9.5" and the problematic bridge has been swapped out for a much more useful adjustomatic model.
These player-centred improvements really accumulate and make this guitar a treat to play.
- Color- (306) Black
- Body- Alder
- Neck- Maple, “C” Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard- Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets- 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups- 2 Special Design Hot Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- Bridge- Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Vintage Style “Floating” Tremolo
- Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads- Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware- Chrome
- Pickguard- 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Scale Length- 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut- 1.650” (42 mm)
- Unique Features- New Pickups with Fatter Tone and More Output, Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge, Medium Jumbo Frets, New Neck Pocket Cut Provides Better Pitch, 9.5” Radius, Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain, Screw-In Tremolo Arm, White Plastic Knobs and Switches
- Accessories- Deluxe Gig Bag