Roland A-49-WH White USB MIDI Controller Keyboard White
In Stock6 Available
Order before 3PM for Delivery on Tuesday
Manufacturer's ID: A49WH
What we say:
At A Glance:
The A-49-WH from Roland is one of the sleekest, most lightweight MIDI controllers on the market. Thanks to it’s excellent build quality and minimalist layout, the A-49-WH is a great choice for anyone after a quality MIDI keyboard that is simple to use.
Features We Love:
High Quality Keyboard
One of the things we love about the A-49-WH is that the keyboard feels really high quality. Some MIDI keyboards at this price point can feel a little flimsy, while the A-49-WH feels robust. The keys feel smooth and sturdy, making techniques like glissandos easy and natural to play.
Easy to Use
In today’s world, most MIDI keyboards tend to have a ton of knobs, faders and pads. While these features are great, not everyone has the need for them. Opting for a sleeker, more simplistic design on the A-49-WH, Roland have ensured that even the beginner can get going with minimal fuss.
The A-49-WH weighs an incredibly light 2.5kg, making it easy to take anywhere. It also runs on USB Bus power, meaning you don’t have to find a spare AC outlet to power it. It works well with mobile devices when making music on the go.
- High quality keyboard action
- Assignable controls
- USB and 5-Pin MIDI Out
- Great second keyboard for Roland SuperNATURAL Synths
- D-Beam for additional expression
- Roland A-49-WH USB MIDI Controller
- Owner's Manual
- A-49 CD-ROM
- USB Cable
SpecificationThere are plenty of portable MIDI keyboard controllers around, but portability usually means subpar keyboard action. With the new A-49, the game has changed — this lightweight, slim-line controller features a premium-grade, full-size keyboard that musicians will immediately feel at home with. Available in pearl white and black finishes, the A-49 is a dream for musicians seeking a simple, easy-to-use MIDI keyboard with pro-quality playing feel.
- 49 full-size keys with velocity sensitivity
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Two knobs, two switches, and D-BEAM controller
- USB bus powered; no AC adapter required
- Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR LE software
- Pearl white and black finishes
The A-49’s keys have a rounded shape for better reaction to the player’s touch and more comfortable glissandi. Other enhancements have been made to reduce the already low mechanical noise and eliminate vertical shake. All of these features add up to a keyboard that even the most discerning pros will appreciate. Add color to your sound and excitement to your performance by waving your hands over the invisible D-BEAM. The A-49 can assign all its controllers automatically for fully utilizing an external SuperNATURAL sound module such as the INTEGRA-7. It’s also a great second keyboard for controlling synthesizers that have onboard SuperNATURAL sounds, such as the JUPITER-80 and -50.
The A-49 was developed for mobile use. It’s strong yet amazingly lightweight (less than six pounds/2.5 kilograms), making it easy to lift and carry. And although it has a very streamlined design, the A-49 features a full-size, premium keyboard with 49 velocity-sensitive keys. For the ultimate in portable convenience, the A-49 is powered from your computer’s USB bus — no power cable or adapter is required. It draws a minimal amount of current, so is ideal for a USB bus-powered device.
Make Music with Your Mac or PC
The A-49 provides clean connections via its recessed rear panel, so you can place a computer monitor or laptop in the perfect position for creating music. Two knobs, two switches, and the D-BEAM controller are all easily accessible and intelligently arranged to make your workflow fast and fluid. Dedicated octave buttons offer immediate control of the key scale, and a transpose button is provided for adjusting the scale in semitone steps; LED indicators give you instant visual feedback of your octave/transpose settings. Other settings can be accessed via the Function button, which lets you use the keys to perform additional tasks printed above the keyboard.
Perfect Partner for the iPad*
Recently, many musicians are using Apple iPads to record musical ideas. While there are small MIDI keyboards that can be used with the iPad, the A-49 gives you pro playability as well as mobility. Its clean, clutter-free surface and excellent keyboard feel keeps your fingers on the keys and your mind on the music.
- Keyboard: 49 keys (with velocity)
- Controllers: Buttons: S1, S2 (Assignable) Knobs: C1, C2 (Assignable) Foot Pedals: HOLD, EXPRESSION Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever D-BEAM Controller
- Buttons: Function] button [SuperNATURAL] button [Octave +/-] button [Transpose] button
- Display: Power Indicator LED Octave Indicator LED
- Connectors: HOLD Pedal jack: 1/4-inch phone type EXPRESSION Pedal jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type MIDI OUT connector USB COMPUTER port (USB Type B)
- Interface: USB
- Power Supply: Supplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port
- Current Draw: 98 mA
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual A-49 CD-ROM USB Cable SONAR LE DVD-ROM (Windows) SONAR LE installation guide (Windows)
- Options (sold separately): Pedal Switch (DP-2/DP-10) Expression Pedal (EV-5/EV-7)
- Size and Weight
- 836 mm
- 32-15/16 inches
- 182 mm
- 7-3/16 inches
- 84 mm
- 3-5/16 inches
- 2.5 kg
- 5 lbs. 9 oz.