Available to Order
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: VOLCA-KEYS
SpecificationStarting with a filter section that uses the circuitry of the legendary miniKORG700S (1974), it delivers astonishing sound that takes full advantage of Korg's half-century of know-how in circuit design. With a simple structure that includes delay effect and a sequencer, it's also an ideal choice as a first analog synth. It offers the richly expressive sounds that are distinctive of an analog synth, providing the enjoyment of simple yet deep sound-creation.
- The polyphonic synthesizer you've been waiting for
- Simple three-voice analog synthesizer
- Voicing function lets anyone create sounds easily
- Delay effect for even more sonic possibilities
- Simple loop sequencer
- Loop sequencer lets you record phases just as you play them
- Use the Motion Sequence function to meticulously craft your loops
- Use the Active Step function and Flux function to add dynamic change to your sequences
- Convenient functions for tremendous ease of use
- Self-tuning function overcomes pitch drift - the weak point of an analog synth
- SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performances with multiple units or with your DAW
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its structure of 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, and 1EG, the volca keys has a recognizable, versatile structure. The ability to generate diverse and powerful sounds with just a few carefully selected parameters is a distinctive characteristic of analog synthesizers. The possibilities are endless; you can use the three oscillators to play chords, use them in unison with detune to produce solid lead lines, or apply ring modulation to create far-out metallic sounds. This is also an ideal beginner's instrument for learning the enjoyment of creating your own sounds.
Voicing function lets anyone create sounds easily
The Voicing function makes it easy to specify how the three oscillators will be combined. Simply turn the knob to choose one of six combinations: Poly, Unison, Octave, Fifth, Unison Ring, or Poly Ring. Without complicating the volca's simple design, this feature makes it easy to obtain a wide variety of sounds.
Delay effect for even more sonic possibilities
The volca keys contains a delay effect that's indispensable for creating spacey synthesizer sounds. This effect also reproduces the pitch change that occurs when you change the delay time on an analog tape echo unit.
Simple loop sequencer
Loop sequencer lets you record phrases just as you play them There's a loop sequencer with up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard just as you play. It's easy to create phrases that come to mind, and you can also use overdub recording to produce complex loops that could not be played individually. Up to eight sequence patterns can be stored in internal memory.
SYNC jack and MIDI IN connections
By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST. The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform anytime.
Inputs and Outputs
- Audio Output Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- 5 Pin MIDI In
- Korg Volca Beats
- AA alkaline battery ×6