Roland VAD503 Acoustic Design V-Drums Electronic Drum Kit
Order now for FREE Delivery on Thursday
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2021 to 24th December 2021 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange & can be exchanged until Monday 31st January 2022. Learn More
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: VAD503
What we say:
At A Glance:
The VAD503 from Roland is the middle option in their groundbreaking VAD series of drum kits. It features full-size wooden shells and sturdy hardware stands, making it look right at home on a stage or in a studio. The included TD-27 module features ultra-realistic drum sounds, as well as features like Bluetooth audio and Multitrack recording over USB. The mesh pads allow for a responsive playing feel, and the Hi-Hat is incredibly realistic. The VAD503 also has digital Snare and Ride pads, which provide an unparalleled playing response. With all of this in mind, this kit is perfect for many applications and looks like an absolute beast!
Features We Love:
The TD-27 Module offers so much. Not only does it contain some of the best sounding drum kits we’ve ever heard, you can customise every sound and add per-drum and master effects. You also have the option to create and save your own custom kits, and load external samples via SD card. All these features make it easier than ever to have a library of your dream kits ready to use in an instant.
Realistic Playing Feel
The mesh pads on the VAD503 provide a realistic playing response. Every ghost note, buzz roll or side stick is picked up and recreated accurately. You can also adjust the tension of the heads, just like on an acoustic kit. This means you can achieve your desired amount of rebound with ease. The VH-10 Hi-Hat is incredibly smooth and accurate, and sits nicely on an acoustic hi-hat stand, while the cymbals move naturally when struck. We can’t forget to mention the digital Snare and Ride pads on this model, which communicate with the module over USB rather than analog jacks. These connections are able to carry much more data, resulting in more trigger zones and an unbeatable playing response.
Multitrack Audio Recording
The USB connection on the VAD503 allows for 28 Channels of multitrack audio recording to any recording software. There is no need to use a ton of microphones, channel strips and cables thanks to this feature. You can track each drum individually in your software, allowing for an optimal mixing and editing workflow. This is all done over a single USB cable, making it easily one of our favourite features on the kit.
- Beautiful full-size shells and hardware
- TD-27 Sound Module
- Prismatic Sound Modelling from flagship TD-50
- Realistic Hi-Hat and Cymbals
- Bluetooth Audio
- Multitrack recording over a single USB Cable
- Sample playback via SD card
- Digital Snare and Ride provide unrivaled realism
- VAD503 Acoustic Design V-Drums Kit
- Sound module mount
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Drum key
- Setup guide
- Owner's manuals
SpecificationPlease note: This kit does not include a kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand or drum throne.
|Kit Configuration||Drum sound module: TD-27 x 1|
|Snare: PD-140DS x 1|
|Tom1: PDA100-MS x 1|
|Tom3: PDA140F-MS x 1|
|Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1|
|Crash1: CY-14C-T x 1|
|Ride: CY-18DR x 1|
|Kick: KD-200-MS x 1|
|Drum combination stand: DCS-10 x 1|
|Drum boom stand: DBS-10 x 1|
|All purpose clamp: APC-10 x 1|
|Extra trigger input jack||4 (AUX1-AUX3, CRASH 2) *1|
|Dimensions||1,700 (W) x 1,400 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm 66-15/16 (W) x 55-1/8 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches|
|Weight||42 kg / 92 lbs 10 oz|
Firmware Update Ver.1.11 introduces the following features
- Support for V-Hi-HAT VH-14D was added.
- Ten new Drum Kits have been added. ( Drum kit No.2, 4, 6, 14, 15, 16, 19, 23, 25, 65 )
- The parameters of Template (OTHER 5 through OTHER 9) and Mic Type (TYPE 5 through TYPE 10) have been added to OVERHEAD.
- The parameters of "008:Preview 2" and "009:Preview 3" have been added to the Drum Performance Data in the Internal Songs.
- Functionality Improvements:
- The sound of the 21 Drum Kits (mainly Acoustic) have been enhanced. ( Drum kit No.1, 3, 5, 7-13, 17, 18, 21, 22, 24, 26-28, 30, 31, 36 )
- The factory-default values for PAD OUTPUT ASSIGN DIRECT have been improved.