Fender Artist Strat Eric Clapton Olympic White
Includes Hard Case
Available for Pre-OrderPlace your order today and we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Manufacturer's ID: 0117602805
What we say:Eric Clapton's signature Stratocaster is so useful and well thought out that other celebrity players like Pete Townsend choose it to tour with on a nightly basis. There are quite a lot of distinguishing features on hand here, all designed to make this guitar extremely useful for the pro player.
Chief amongst these is the active mid boost, controlled with the second tone knob. This boost almost turns your mild-mannered Strat into a beastly high output rock monster! Otherwise the pickups on here are vintage voiced noiseless units, a replacement from the previously used Lace Sensors.
Interestingly, the tremolo unit, whilst being fully functional in theory, has been blocked off underneath with a piece of wood at Clapton's request. It's an simple matter of pulling the block out if this spoils your whammy bar fun though!
The neck is also a departure compared to most Stratocaster models: this has a typical 9.5" radius across the front but a relatively unique "shallow V" carve at the back. It seems a bold choice until you play it and find out it's really comfortable and promotes lots of playing without fatigue. Overall it's a tremendous instrument, again not just for Clapton fans. However, if you do worship at the temple of Eric, this is a no-brainer!
- Model Name: Eric Clapton Stratocaster®
- Series: Artist
- Neck Shape: Soft "V" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Artist Signature on Headstock
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
- Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX™ Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB). Mid boost kit
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Switch Tip: White Switch Tip
- Tremolo Arm/Handle: American Vintage Tremolo Arm
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: .050" Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Special Soft "V" Shape Neck, Blocked Tremolo, Active Mid-Boost Circuit