Buy with confidence: We're the 1st, and only, UK guitar retailer to offer a 3-year warranty & 30-day exchange as standard.
Order before 3PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow
Includes 30-Day Exchange & 3-Year Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Manufacturer's ID: DD-500
What we say:
This powerful box of tricks from BOSS gives you unparalleled control of the delay elements of your sound. Housed inside the bomb-proof metal housing is a treasure chest of delays in all varieties: digital, vintage, tape echo, reverse, slow attack...there are 12 modes to choose form and patch memories to save your choices to for future recall.
There is a lot of real time control with plenty of function-specific knobs and assignable foot control functions to allow you a high level on hands-free control which of course is perfect for guitarists! There's a large LED display for easy stage reading of patch info.
Interestingly, you can choose whether you want your signal to be processed with a buffer or as true-bypass. Each has it's benefits and drawbacks but when BOSS include both, one can hardly complain! Choose what's right for you and your setup.
Sound quality is extremely high: processing is at a constant 32bit/96kHz and whilst the effects are digital, your guitar tone remains 100% analogue at all times. This really is like having the best of both worlds!
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
Twelve Versatile Delay Modes and Deep Editing Options
With the DD-500's 12 delay modes, you can create any delay sound you can imagine, and then some. Each delay type also includes a semi-parametric four-band EQ, modulation, ducking, and many other parameters, allowing you to dive deep and refine tones with maximum precision.
Unparalleled Sound Quality
In the DD-500, every delay mode has been carefully crafted for a unique sonic personality and highly musical tones at every setting, realized by high-powered DSP running at 32-bit/96 kHz. And while the DD-500's delay effects are high-end digital, your straight guitar tone remains 100-percent analog at all times, with your choice of buffered or true-bypass operation.
Advanced Features for Stage and Studio Use
The large, integrated LCD fully supports the pedal's immense capabilities, giving you clear visibility of delay time, patch ID, and more on one screen, plus sane navigation for detailed parameter tweaks, naming, and system management. And via USB, it's simple to connect to your computer for patch backup and MIDI control with your favorite DAW.
Intensive Real-Time Control
By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for two patches, bypass, bank selection, tap tempo, and more. However, they can be customized to operate in alternate ways. Instead of tap tempo, you're able to assign the TAP/CTL switch to various real-time functions like Warp or Twist for a wide range of expressive effects. Even more parameters can be manipulated via an optional expression pedal or external switches, and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups.
DD-500 Delay Modes
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Analog—Emulates classic analog "BBD" delays like the BOSS DM series.
- Tape—Emulates the warm sound of tape-based delay units, including the Maestro Echoplex and legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
- Vintage Digital—Emulations of early digital delays from the 1980s, including Roland's famous SDE-2000 and SDE-3000 rack units and the BOSS DD-2, the original stompbox digital delay.
- Dual—Two different delay lines that can be connected in series or parallel.
- Pattern—Sixteen different delay lines that can be set independently for all types of unique rhythmic effects.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- SFX—"Special effects" delay with a highly unique sound character.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delays for lush, heavenly textures.
- Filter—Delay with a sweeping filter.
- Slow Attack—Ethereal delays that fade in with playing dynamics.
- Tera Echo—Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the innovative BOSS TE-2 pedal.