Roland SYSTEM-8 Plug-Out Synthesizer
Manufacturer's ID: SYSTEM-8
What we say:
Roland's AIRA range knock it out of the park with extremely fun and uniquely powerful SYSTEM-8 synth. As well as having it's own strong and exciting voice, the System-8 has space to store 3 plug-out modelled synths! So, basically: this one synth can be a System-8, a Jupiter-8, a Juno-106 and an SH-101, all completely accurate and all available at the touch of a button! Roland fans: your prayers have been answered!
This 49 key synth has a plethora of well-lit buttons, knobs and controls for accessing filters, ADSR, LFO, effects, layers, splits...there is a real attitude towards real-time performance here and it's a lot of fun! Roland's Analogue Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology is so accurate at modelling those classic models it's spooky!
There are additional CV/Gate outputs and a comprehensive step sequencer on board too so you can take advantage of this host of world-class sounds. It's design is similar to the TR drum machines so you'll be able to get familiar with its functions quickly and easily.
This most impressive synth is great fun to play and does a great job of making the learning process easy. Powerful it most certainly is: intimidating it most certainly isn't. The System-8 is a very refreshing synth that reminds you of why you love synths in the first place.
Support for three PLUG-OUT synths means the SYSTEM-8 can host spot-on recreations of numerous Roland classics, and JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTS are even included with purchase. Split and layer synths for unheard of sounds, and tap into the integrated vocoder, arpeggiator, CV/Gate outs, and advanced polyphonic step sequencer to fuel endless creative explorations.
- Versatile performance synthesizer with advanced ACB technology and 49 full-size keys
- Internal sound engine delivers classic analog tones and dynamic modern sounds with analog vibe
- Hosts up to three PLUG-OUT synths; JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs included
- Advanced low-pass, high-pass, and side-band filters with high-resolution controls
- Massive real-time control with dedicated knobs, sliders, and buttons
- Polyphonic step sequencer with classic TR-REC style interface
- Arpeggio, vocoder, and polyphonic Chord Memory functions
- CV/Gate outputs for interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear
- Large selection of onboard effects with hands-on controls
- USB audio/MIDI interface and control surface mode
Advanced Sound Engine
Roland’s universally acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior approach accurately recreates historic analog sounds with forward-thinking technology. The SYSTEM-8 is equipped with the most advanced ACB engine yet, which offers eight voices of polyphony, three oscillators (including a sub oscillator option), and silky-smooth filters with ultra-detailed resolution. It’s easy to dial up warm pads, fat basses, expressive lead tones, and more, all inspired by the rich sonic character of the legendary SYSTEM series. Reaching beyond the retro vibe, the versatile SYSTEM-8 is also capable of producing crisp, dynamic tones and evocative textures that are ideal for modern sound designers.
In addition to its impressive internal sound engine, the SYSTEM-8 features three expansion slots for hosting and controlling Roland’s PLUG-OUT software synths. JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs are included, giving you immediate access to authentic sonic reproductions of these Roland classics. Optional PLUG-OUTs such as the SH-2, SH-101, PROMARS, and others are supported as well. Using the SYSTEM-8’s Performance mode, you’re able to combine the internal synth engine and hosted PLUG-OUTs to create super-synth patches with layered voices, custom splits, and more.
Maximum Sonic Control
With its comprehensive interface, the SYSTEM-8 offers countless ways to shape sounds and discover new ones. The panel is packed with direct-access controls for dynamic sound creation and live performance expression. Many hi-res filter types are available courtesy of the advanced ACB engine, including a powerful side-band filter inherited from Roland’s influential V-Synth. Tons of top-notch effects are on hand for adding character and ambience, from overdrive, distortion, and fuzz to delay, chorus, reverb, and more. And just like the numerous synth parameters, the effects have grab-and-go controls that make it simple to enhance sounds as you play.
Designed to inspire, the SYSTEM-8 is filled with intuitive performance tools to spark your creativity. The 64-step sequencer features a familiar TR-REC style interface and dedicated controls to record, play, and manipulate loop sequences in real time. While building your sequences, you can capture single notes or full chords, as well as all your knob and slider moves. The Arpeggio function is equipped with quick-access knobs for switching patterns and styles as you play, while Chord Memory allows you to trigger polyphonic note stacks with a single key. The SYSTEM-8 even has an advanced vocoder built in, offering another expressive option for delivering unique and memorable synth performances.
USB and CV/Gate
While the SYSTEM-8 excels as a performance instrument, it easily integrates with your production software and external gear. The synth functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface for your DAW, and the 49 full-size keys provide a responsive, great-feeling keyboard for recording MIDI tracks. There’s even a control surface mode for using the SYSTEM-8’s knobs, sliders, and buttons with your soft synths. And with the built-in CV/Gate outputs, you can send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to trigger your modular synths and retro gear.
- Keybed: 49 keys (with velocity)
- Maximum Polyphony
- 8 voices (MODEL: SYSTEM-8)
- (MODEL: PLUG-OUT1, 2 and 3 are depend on PLUG-OUT software)
- User Memory:
- Patch: 64 (8 memories x 8 banks, per one model)
- Performance: 64 (8 memories x 8 banks)
- Effect Section:
- Type: OVER DRIVE, DISTORTION, METAL, FUZZ, CRUSHER, PHASER
- Knobs: TONE, DEPTH
- Delay/Chorus Section
- Type: DELAY, PANNING DELAY, CHORUS 1, CHORUS 2, FLANGER, DELAY + CHORUS
- Knobs: TIME, LEVEL
- Reverb Section
- Type: AMBIENCE, ROOM, HALL 1, HALL 2, PLATE, MODULATION
- Knobs: TIME, LEVEL
- Step Sequencer
- Track:1 per Patch (step pattern is saved as a patch)
- Step: 1 - 64 steps
- Recording Method
- Step recording
- Realtime recording
- External Storage
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- INPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CV/GATE OUTPUT jacks: Miniature phone type (CV: This jack supports OCT/V (Hz/V is not supported). GATE: This jack outputs +10 V.)
- TRIGGER IN jack: Miniature phone type
- PEDAL (HOLD, CONTROL) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- 881 (W) x 364 (D) x 109 (H) mm
- 34-11/16 (W) x 14-3/8 (D) x 4-5/16 (H) inches
- 5.9kg,13 lbs 1 oz
- Roland System 8
- Owner's manual
- Power Supply
Out of StockPlease contact us for an estimated delivery time.