Gibson SG Special1-8 of 8 products
Gibson SG Special Vintage Sparkling Burgundy
Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1963 SG Special Lightning Bar Ultra Light Aged Classic White
Gibson SG Tony Iommi Signature Vintage Cherry
Gibson SG Tony Iommi Signature Monkey Vintage Cherry Left Handed
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Gibson SG Special Ebony (Ex-Demo) #225910186
Gibson SG Special Ebony (Ex-Demo) #231310413
Gibson SG Special Vintage Cherry
About Gibson SG Special
First introduced in the 1960s, the Gibson SG Special was built to be the more moderately priced, slightly stripped back little brother of the SG Standard, but this never stood in the way of its greatness. It sports the same double cutaway body giving you unparalleled access to the top of the SlimTaper neck, but comes rigged with a pair of P90 Soapbar pickups and a simple Stopbar bridge, making things just a little more streamlined and raucous than its Standard labelmate.
Just like its singlecut cousin the Les Paul Special, the SG Special found its way into the hands of some serious rock innovators, most notably the godfather of heavy metal Tony Iommi.
A selection of our Gibson SG Special guitars come included with a guitar case.
Why Should I Choose a Gibson SG Special?
- Played by some of the most innovative rock guitarists of all time
- Comfortable, slim SG body, just like the SG Standard
- Unparalleled access to the top of the fretboard
- Twin P90 soapbar pickups are great for everything from Jazz to Heavy Blues to Hard Rock
- One piece stopbar bridge keeps everything simple and ready to rock