Available to Order
Manufacturer's ID: MPC X
New in MPC Software 2.8
- New to Akai Professional’s next generation standalone, multi-core powered MPC Series is MIDI Multi capability, transforming MPC into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centrepiece.
- Now you cansimultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in your studio
including class compliant USB Keyboards,
MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging your I/O capability.
- Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesiser, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC forms the beating heart of anyproduction setup, unleashing the true power of all your gear.
Other notable enhancements in MPC 2.8 include
- Timing Correct (TC) has now been tweaked to have a dedicated On/Off setting that is separate to the TC division parameter
- From the standalone MPC firmware you can now create a custom note mapping for any program type
New in MPC Software 2.7
- MPC X now comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live for an instant performance and production setup.
- Ableton Live Control mode has been carefully designed to enable users to
instantly switch between
standalone operation and Live Control mode without ever stopping playback
- With Ableton Live Control integration, Akai Professional’s standalone
MPC series bridges the two platforms
seamlessly for expanded creative flexibility. Fusing MPC’s production prowess, critically-acclaimed synth
engines and a rapid, intuitive workflow with Ableton Live, any creative endeavor is literally a touch away
- Grid Automation - Users can now input, edit and view automation in Grid Edit and Audio Edit.
- Step Automation - Users can now input, edit and view automation in the Step Sequencer.
- Support for up to eight submixes in the mixer window.
- All-New TUI layouts for Akai Vintage effects.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 - 2.3 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller mode is Akai Professional's reimagined MPC Software 2.3; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more. Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.3 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
New Features in MPC 2.5 Update
Splice fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, presets and loops, covering nearly ever musical style. You can now download and browse your Splice sample library on your MPC Live or MPC X standalone. Before you begin make sure your MPC is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you have access to a web browser. On the MPC press Menu, tap the cog to enter Preferences, navigate to the Splice tab, and from within that section press the Get Login Code button. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your MPC to your Splice account. Once paired, use the Sync Files button to download the samples from your Splice account to a drive of your choice. To browse your Splice samples go to the Browser mode, then navigate to the Content tab and press the Splice shortcut to view the samples downloaded from your Splice account. The right hand browser panel will display your Splice samples organized into a series of top level folders that allow you to easily browse your sample library by BPM, instrument, key, pack or tag.
Browser Audition Warp and Sync
In the Browser you can now audition samples that have an MPC-embedded tempo in sync with your project tempo. On your MPC hardware, go to the Browser mode and then press the Audition F-Key to bring up the Audition settings. When the Warp button is On, samples with embedded tempos will be auditioned at the project tempo. When the Sync button is On and MPC is in playback, the samples will be previewed on the next bar. In the MPC Desktop software open either the Media Browser, Expansion Browser or the File Browser, the Sync and Warp buttons are located with the other audition controls at the bottom of the Browser panel.
The Beast, Unleashed
The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full color 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Powering the X is our stellar MPC 2.0 Software, which runs natively in standalone mode. For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree assignable pots—perfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high-resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Whether you prefer to go computer-free or not, it can’t be denied that there are some fantastic sounding VST instruments and effects out there. For those times when you need your favorite plug-ins, the MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, explicitly designed to run the feature-rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favorite DAW. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop—all appearing on a new graphical interface.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The X builds on that reputation. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive. You can also record directly to all the aforementioned storage locations.
Above and Beyond
The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For vinyl junkies, we include two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the X from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. We’re staying true to our roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from our passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across our product line.
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines. The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide—and yours— for years to come.